1970's Strada handlebar bend index

The 3 1/2 forum
NJB3051

1970's Strada handlebar bend index

Post by NJB3051 »

Greetings - I'm trying to source a handlebar for my 1975/76 3 1/2 Strada, and am looking for the original bar bend index. As you all probably already know, most indexing marks are located where the bar attaches to the bar mount, and may also be found on the left grip section.

Thanks!
Nick
tankstraddler

Re: 1970's Strada handlebar bend index

Post by tankstraddler »

Hello Nick. My 1974 Strada came with original bars which I have checked but there are no index marks which I suspect is a more recent industry practice. I actually replaced my bars with a different bend to give a more comfortable riding position and what I learned from that was that you need true 22mm (not 7/8”) bars as the lever clamps will not slide over the larger size and if you want to use the original snuff box light switch (I didn’t) you will need to drill and tap the bars appropriately.
NJB3051

Re: 1970's Strada handlebar bend index

Post by NJB3051 »

tankstraddler wrote:Hello Nick. My 1974 Strada came with original bars which I have checked but there are no index marks which I suspect is a more recent industry practice. I actually replaced my bars with a different bend to give a more comfortable riding position and what I learned from that was that you need true 22mm (not 7/8”) bars as the lever clamps will not slide over the larger size and if you want to use the original snuff box light switch (I didn’t) you will need to drill and tap the bars appropriately.
Thanks! I've ordered a set of Pro Taper mounts and bars from Revzilla in Philadelphia - mounts: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pro ... t-kit-1-18, and bars: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pro ... ebars-1-18, with the Pastrana MX/RM Low Bend. I'll see how they mount up ... if they don't work, I'll send the back ... Revzilla doesn't have any restocking fees.

I'm also looking for the rubber instrument mounts if anyone could point me to a source.

-Nick