Tarozzi Rear Sets

The 3 1/2 forum
eekzoids

Tarozzi Rear Sets

Post by eekzoids »

...finally decided to spend some money and get rear sets. Found a website based in Wales to supply Tarozzi ;

http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/morin ... 1391-p.asp

Anyone dealt with them before?
I understand that a Sport kickstart lever is required to clear brake lever/footpeg or something. On the discovolante site it offers a folding footpeg version - does this folding footpeg solve the same problem as having the offset Sport kickstart? Any info on this topic gratefully received...
Al B

Re: Tarozzi Rear Sets

Post by Al B »

Even with the NLM extender block the standard kickstart lever will hit not only the non-folding footrest but the brake lever too. If you cut about 15mm off the brake lever pin and trim the rubber cover to suit it'll clear.
There was a recent thread which showed a couple of solutions
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have dealt with Discvolante. I have had no problems. Give them a call, I found them to be very helpful.

Mike.
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

MickeyMoto wrote:I have dealt with Discvolante. I have had no problems. Give them a call, I found them to be very helpful.

Mike.
"I second that emotion," as Smokey Robinson* commented when asked about DiscoVolante. It was a few years ago, though.

Ok, it was me really.
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
MoriniMike

Post by MoriniMike »

I recently posted a similar question on the kickstart / break pedal issue. dont be tempted to kick it over to see how it works. i broke the Tarozzi brake arm 1st kick!
as said cut a stump off the end of the brake pedal or buy a small folding rear footrest and make that work.
The arm on its own cost me 40 quid + postage.
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Make your own rear sets, cheaper, satisfaction in making, bit of grey matter and you can stiles the kick start if it is still fitted and they don't break when they see tarmac - mine don't anyway.
Bison

Post by Bison »

Hi,
I've got Mauro Gini's rearsets fitted, just beautiful, works of art, and no kickstart problems. They weren't an awful lot more expensive than the Tarozzi's. My other Sport has the Tarozzi's, but with a folding footrest, no problems. I remember reading about fitting a folding gear lever peg from a dirt bike, A Kawa I think?.
Alan.