Morini 350 sport K1.

The 3 1/2 forum
Tim Louth

Morini 350 sport K1.

Post by Tim Louth »

Hi all, I have a 1982 350 sport k1 that I am restoring. I am at the stage of sorting out the wiring/electrics and have a few questions. 1. There is a diode in the line of the green wire from the ignition key switch to the fuse box. What is the purpose of the diode and are they still available? 2. My instrument lights are oil, turn, hi beam and lights. Should there not be a neutral light? 3. Are the instruments lights still available? 4. Can someone send me a picture of how the start solenoid is mounted. My solenoid has one bolt hole. It may not be the original item, not really sure. There is a bracket on the frame with 2 holes, is it inner or outer hole? 5. Is there a wiring diagram for the K1? I have the manual from NLM and the wiring diagram is for a 350 but definitely not a K1. Any help would be very much appreciated as I would like to get it as close as original as possible.
Many thanks.
Ming

Re: Morini 350 sport K1.

Post by Ming »

Can't help with much - but the diode is there to protect the transducers from being subject to 12Vdc from a backfeed from the ignition switch. Virtually any diode will do, I would suggest something in the 1N400 range (eg 1N4001). I have a K2 Sport and that does have a neutral indicator. The lights are small wedge, the holders are common to the range as far as I'm aware, and may be similar on other Italian bikes of the same era. I have lots of other info, but no later wiring diagrams.
Tim Louth

Post by Tim Louth »

Thank you.
davel182

Post by davel182 »

I have a K1 Sport of the same year. Mine does not have the diode but Ming has already explained that. My instrument lights are the same as yours and there is no neutral switch (so no light). My solenoid has 2 bolt holes and so uses both in the bracket (picture attached). I have never come across a wiring diagram specific to the K1, but quite a lot is common to the standard diagram. If there are any specific points I can check my bike and let you know.

Dave
Attachments
solenoid.jpg
solenoid.jpg (72.79 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hmmm, thought I'd replied but it doesn't seem to be there. I have a K1 too. No neutral light. Wiring diagrams are on the members pages,I have some downloads which may be of use? I have found "thinwall" wiring from Vehicle Wiring Products to be ideal when replacing any wiring,though I have no had any actual trouble with mine yet.I'd advocate getting a proper crimping tool from them if doing any new spade ends.Will pm you.
all the best John