350 Sport K1 turn lamp

The 3 1/2 forum
Tim Louth

350 Sport K1 turn lamp

Post by Tim Louth »

Hi all, I am in the process of restoring a 1982 350 Sport K1. I only had half a wiring loom so am building one as I go along. Wiring the 'idiot lights' at the moment. Can anyone advise as to where the turn signal light gets it's feed from. The output from the indicator relay is twelve volts so the light will be constantly on and flash when the indicator relay is switched through the indicators to earth. I would expect it to be off like other bikes but can't work out how to achieve it. The wiring diagrams I have don't actually show the turn signal light. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Richard

Re: 350 Sport K1 turn lamp

Post by Richard »

Don't know about your particular machine, but it is normal when there is only one warning lamp to wire one terminal of the bulb to the right hand side indicators and the other terminal to the left indicators. If, for instance, you indicate left then the WL bulb gets a feed from that side and earths through the RHS bulbs. The low current passing through the WL is not sufficient to light the RHS bulbs.
Richard
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I seem to think one set went to earth and the live feed went via the indicator light but it has been ages since I looked at it. Maybe this can be of use: https://rupesrewires.com/motorcycle-wiring/
I am sure someone else can help. I have a spare wiring loom I can lay out if I have a spare minute.It has been partly cannibalised.
John
Tim Louth

Post by Tim Louth »

All sorted now thank you all. It was as you said, when one side is live the other acts as the earth/ground for the turn signal lamp and vice versa. Morini's wiring diagrams aren't too good are they?