Engine Stand

The 3 1/2 forum
jb666

Engine Stand

Post by jb666 »

Somewhere in the mists of time someone posted a picture of their engine in a nicely made engine stand. I commented on it and asked for further info and dimensions. These were kindly posted on the forum.

For the life of me - and I've ploughed through my posts - I can't find the post. If anyone else can remember said post or if the original poster is still active I would be grateful of a prompt. It may be that someone else has manufactured a stand and can furnish details.

John.
Greybeard

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Greybeard »

I've seen these stands at the Newark Autojumble, John, and often considered buying one. They appeared to be pretty robust and for the price, hardly worth the effort of making one. They do a wider one for Jap multis but we don't talk about those :wink:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fully-Adjust ... SwNNxWE3OD

Steve
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Thanks for that Steve. That certainly looks like a robust unit and as you say for the price it makes more sense than making one.

I'll have to see how much is in the penny pot!!

John.
norbert

Post by norbert »

I´ve made an engine stand using a strong plate of plywood and two pieces of steel in form of a U. It´s very easy!

This model can be covered with a box of thiner plywood. I´ve made it because I had to sent this motor to Madrid and back again when building up Dulcinea. It works very fine for the transport of an engine, the box is still ready for use and the base works as an engine stand.(I´ve been a carpenter in former times :wink: )
k-DSCI0183.JPG
k-DSCI0183.JPG (70.2 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
Ming

Post by Ming »

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever..." John Keats, Endymion.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Nice crate Norbert.

How do you find the lightened cam pinion? I’ve heard some say they’ve had running issues with that lightened (inertia of the pulley helps stabilise the speed of the pickup trigger perhaps?)

And I can see from the neat welds you’re another convert to the roller main bearing!
Mepstein

Post by Mepstein »

Charles made one for my engine. It should get a lot of use with 2 more bikes to finish.
Attachments
antietam classic cycle
antietam classic cycle
morini engine stand.jpg (115.68 KiB) Viewed 4564 times