strada top yokes

The 3 1/2 forum
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

strada top yokes

Post by scbond2@yahoo.co.uk »

So it seems there's a co. in Lancaster called top yokes.To make one they'd need a copy, any local got one?
secondly we might be able to order a batch if there's enough demand
thoughts please
steve
ps im one of those dodgy southerners!
Ming

Re: strada top yokes

Post by Ming »

I think I have a Strada top yoke and used to live in Lancaster - trouble is it's attached to a bottom yoke and forks and I'm loath to split them. I'm also more of a southerner than you for the foreseeable future. If I can help with pictures an measurements, though...
Abitspecial

Post by Abitspecial »

Mat at TopYokes made me a special top yoke for my MZ Skorpion and did a beautiful job, So I can personally vouche for his work. I may also have a strada top yoke in my garage i could post up to him (I'm in Derby) if that would be of any help? Just need to find it!!!
Abitspecial

Post by Abitspecial »

Mat at TopYokes made me a special top yoke for my MZ Skorpion and did a beautiful job, So I can personally vouche for his work. I may also have a strada top yoke in my garage i could post up to him (I'm in Derby) if that would be of any help? Just need to find it!!!
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

abit
could i buy your yoke?
steve
BobPickett

Post by BobPickett »

Not sure if this is any use, but I wanted to be more upright on my Sport, so I bought a set of swan necks from Barleycorn Engineering. They fitted directly onto the existing forks.

https://www.barleycorn.co.uk/
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

bob
looked at these but they seemed expensive and they've only got one fixing but will bear them in mind
steve
Abitspecial

Post by Abitspecial »

Hi Steve, sorry it's not for sale, part of my pension plan, ie I'm going to fit it to my sport when I'm too old for clipons. But more than happy to send it to Topyokes for them to make a copy. Tony
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

thanks for that abit first lets see who else wants one so that we can do a batch maybe a week deadline
roll up!
steve
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

sorry to gatecrash the party, i changed the top yolk on my sport a while back for a strada type which i got off forum member, although more comfortable still unforgiving on a long ride , the footrests are the prob to far forward so you still have to reach a bit, my lower backpain and advancing years are catching up not quite a greybeard yet and never will be , i was in the vmcc it was a breeding ground for the said species got out quick! the answer is to fit rearsets even with the clip ons they work well or should i say better a lot of messing around i know, but prob worth it, will have to go that way myself still have strada yoke fitted with honda cx500 bars its a good combination and looks ok, hope ive spelt yoke right or is it yolk, safe riding , muller.
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

thanks for your thoughts MM but as im not planning any long trips I ll think ill still stick to my plan, course if you want sell your yoke that would be good!
steve
norbert

Post by norbert »

I´m also of the opinion that the footrst are much more important than the handlebars for a relaxed position on a Morini.

norbert
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Yes, I agree, unless you have ducks desease the standard riding position on the Strada is cramped but on the Sport impossible. The K2 redressed this by moving the foot rests back to the swinging arm pivots, but even then I had to move mine a little further back. Ideal position is to have the feet underneath your bum and if you have ridden bikes with a solid rear end you would know that. The K2 also had fully adjustable clip ons which are so much better than the fixed Strada top yoke affair, as you can fully adjust for reach, height, width and sweep back, the tank being the limiter for how far you can pull them back. Your problem is not the bars but the foot rests.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

There is a trade-off.

Upright bars put weight through your cocxyx, whereas the clip-ons put the weight on the writs.

The standard Morini pegs cause a problem which rearsets mitigate, but being a small bike some people may find that the knees suffer.

Not sure what this does for the back!

I rode my 500 Sport (with clip-ons) over 700 miles in one day; the arse was not affected but the knees were suffering on the last stretch. The Sport really needed rear sets as standard...
scbond2@yahoo.co.uk

i take your points gents but i also have push my bike about so higher bars will help, if i find i need new pegs will sort it later.

harry are these k2 bars available

ps are k2 forks the same as k1?