350 Sport: What battery?

The 3 1/2 forum
BobPickett

350 Sport: What battery?

Post by BobPickett »

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can guide me on this. What is the correct battery for the 350 Sport (it's a 1983 K2)?

My one - which was being turned into a classic track bike by the previous owner - features a tiny, solid state thing. We *think* it is the battery for an alarm system! So OK to power clocks and maybe turn on the light if asked at scrutineering, but not road use! So I need to replace... just not sure what it should be using (e.g. 12V, 2A etc.)

All words of wisdom appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bob
Al B

Re: 350 Sport: What battery?

Post by Al B »

The manual says 12V 15Ah. However if you plan to use the electric start then a high value for cold cranking amps (CCA) is needed. Many people like Motobatt as a brand, I recently bought a Nitro fully seealed battery from Tayna.co.uk which was a good fit in the hole, spins the engine over a treat and cost half as much.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I fitted a Motobatt to my K2 Sport - but only because I use the electric start. On the A2 Strada, which is kick only, I have an old gel 12v7Ah battery as I had it spare and it fitted.
I can recommend the Motobatts as I've used them on the K2 and also on a BMW F650, a big 650 lump to turn over. Not too expensive either.
If you run a Boyer Powerbox instead of the Ducatielettronica regulator, you can do away with the battery completely on a non-electric start bike.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I have a PC 680 in my K which is older than 2007. I intend to replace it with an Xtreme 600 as it is slightly less tall and 2/3 the price. These work fine on some Beemers I have including the 1000cc variety which can otherwise be sluggish in cold weather.
John