folding footpeg

The 3 1/2 forum
mad muller

folding footpeg

Post by mad muller »

anyone any idea on the folding peg for rearsets, to allow the kickstart to pass, kawasaki dirt bike has been mentioned but what model and availability , any help appreciated.
norbert

Re: folding footpeg

Post by norbert »

How about Tarozzis?
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

thanks for reply norbert, i have tarrozis, its the the brake lever peg that catches the kickstarter , iam trying not to have to use the exstender block or change the kickstart pedal if this is possible .
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Look on the Discovolante site. I think he has exploded diagrams. You may be able to buy just the folding peg.
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

Just to be clear, it's not the footpeg that clashes, a folding peg is standard in the Tarozzi kit.

It's the toe peg on the brake lever, it does do, even with the extender block and you have to shorten it slightly.

I've yet to see a convincing folding solution for the toe peg.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

Thanks for the response. It looks like the only way out is to fit the extended block or change the kick start pedal, which I didn’t want to do- but looks like there’s no option, thanks for the help ~ Muller.
themoudie

Post by themoudie »

I haven't made any measurements, but would a folding toe piece, as on Ducati single rearsets be any use. I have a homemade set up on a Ducati 450 and can take images + measurements if that might help?

My regards, Bill
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I replaced the Tarozzi rear sets on my 3 1/2 Sport and, even with the kickstart extender block, the kickstart was catching the toe peg on the brake lever. The new toe peg is longer than the old one, which I still had, so I swapped them. Problem solved. On Soren's bike at the Dutch rally in 2010 I noticed he used the brake pedal without a toe peg. Not sure if that would pass an MOT in the UK though...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

Will have to give some thought as it is not as straight forward as I thought it would be. I haven't got to the brake cable issue yet. Will let you know Bill how I get on. Will pm you for measurements if needed. Maybe take the kickstart off and jumpstart it or do away with the back brake altogether. Thanks for the response.
shay001

Post by shay001 »

I feel your pain, the Tarozzi brake lever fouled the kickstart even with the extension. I remember my 250 Ducati had rearsets and the toe of the brake lever folded, I am pretty sure they would be a straight swap but I cannot find a suitable part anywhere. I myself have bitten the bullet and will be fitting the different kickstart lever as well as the extension
1976 Morini 3 1/2 Sport (project)
1979 Laverda SFC Replica (project)
1986 Bimota DB1
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2012 Ducati 848 Evo
2013 Bimota Tesi 3D Evo
2016 Ducati Scrambler Classic
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

A lot of people trim the brake peg so that it clears the kickstart.

Another route is to modify the mount so the whole assembly can be swivelled up and out of the way- see pedro’s Post on the forum in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5018
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

clever idea , how easy it is to do is another matter you really only have one go to get it right, have sent pm to pedro asking best way to do it , still waitng on his reply, thanks muller.
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

not sure if you abandoned this as a solution but if you follow the link to barleycorn in the recent handlebar post then they have a folding footpeg in their rearsets section - Duncan
dunk
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

thanks for link on that, at moment lost all intrest in the rear set project if i dont use therm i will put them on the spares board , there hardly used bought from nlm. thanks to all, muller.
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

sorry meant toe peg not foot peg - \dunk
dunk