350 ignition

The 3 1/2 forum
Al B

Re: 350 ignition

Post by Al B »

I'm running the blue transducers and found the total ignition advance to be exactly the same as the genuine grey ones. No need to even adjust the timuing. A scooter shop in Devon(?) was doing them for about 30 quid each

The bike developed a habit of dropping onto one cylinder last year so I bit the bullet and bought a new pickup from Nuovaray. IIRC it was 110 Euros plus 25 postage. They will send one out to you on receipt of a screenshot of your payment - before the funds have actually hit their account - should you need.

Alan
Sicxtyone

Post by Sicxtyone »

Hi Al B,
Thanks for your post I was wondering about the cost of the Nuovaray pickup and that is not too eye watering. Do you need to also buy the matching magnetic rotor or will the morini one work with their pickup?
Graham.
davel182

Post by davel182 »

FWIW I bought a NuovaRay pickup stator late last year. They only have the black type but according to Soren's video the rotor for the black is the same as 2nd generation red and you can just add diodes in-line to work with original black transducers. It did not have a static timing mark. I wasn't over-impressed with the finish (but that may be just me) and wished afterwards that I had investigated the ones from Marcus Heilig (which I know are more expensive but have a reputation for quality).
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

davel182 wrote:FWIW I bought a NuovaRay pickup stator late last year. They only have the black type but according to Soren's video the rotor for the black is the same as 2nd generation red and you can just add diodes in-line to work with original black transducers. It did not have a static timing mark. I wasn't over-impressed with the finish (but that may be just me) and wished afterwards that I had investigated the ones from Marcus Heilig (which I know are more expensive but have a reputation for quality).
Could have had a cast off NLM pickup from me if you wanted the fiddle faddle of getting the air gaps spot on, plus the 'cam' was a bit wonky (that's another story).
Gpz900r

Post by Gpz900r »

just an update about the sport 350 ignition coil ,it was rewound by Paul Compton and low and behold the bike started 1st kick so the moral is don't be fooled by resistance readings and many thanks to Paul.
and now thats fixed its on to the 350 /501 restoration