Basic error...?

The 3 1/2 forum
unreal

Basic error...?

Post by unreal »

Hi all, little background, my Morinis have been in store in different places of the last 3 years for various reasons that I won't bore you with, anyway I have one with me in Cornwall which was my daily rider, so starting too get her going again, unfortunately my bluebook etc are in a lockup in London! I just changed the cam belt as a start point, something I've done many times but I'm wondering if I've made a basic error and let it slip one tooth. The reason I ask is when I kick it over on the compression stroke I'm getting quite a hard kick-back which I never had before. Could the mis-timed belt be the issue? On the plus side, glad it didn't start as I had brimmed the crank cases with oil when I hid her away... Also have a leaking petcock, so another job. It's going to be special to be back on the old girl even in winter (honest officer, I was just going to the shops and got lost...) Any advice welcome!
Simon
3potjohn

Re: Basic error...?

Post by 3potjohn »

You know you have to check those marks.It should not kick back.
John
unreal

Post by unreal »

hi John, as my blue book is 300 miles away, can you refresh my memory, cam pulls is clear but can't see on on the crank pulley...
unreal

Post by unreal »

Sorted, dropped it back one tooth and bingo, first kick! Now that leaky petcock.