Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

The 3 1/2 forum
robint

Re: Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

Post by robint »

Could well be interested too.

Currently have the NLM set up which, though it works in the sense the bike starts and idles, I have never been comfortable with the engineering of the pick up. Setting it was a pain, the engineering was not to a high standard and the slots needed filing to start to get the timing in the right area and I still haven't really got that right. So as I'm not going anywhere on holiday, funds do allow for a tweak in hopefully an improved direction and I do like the look of the Sachse kit and the very positive comments from users.

One query though about the coils - I have the NLM ones that came with their kit which sit very neatly on the frame - can these be used with the Sachse kit or not as it would be nice not to disturb stuff that appears to be working OK (and save a few Euro).
robint
(Morini, Enfield, Deauville, SLK and home to support)
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

robint wrote:Could well be interested too.

Currently have the NLM set up which, though it works in the sense the bike starts and idles, I have never been comfortable with the engineering of the pick up. Setting it was a pain, the engineering was not to a high standard and the slots needed filing to start to get the timing in the right area and I still haven't really got that right. So as I'm not going anywhere on holiday, funds do allow for a tweak in hopefully an improved direction and I do like the look of the Sachse kit and the very positive comments from users.

One query though about the coils - I have the NLM ones that came with their kit which sit very neatly on the frame - can these be used with the Sachse kit or not as it would be nice not to disturb stuff that appears to be working OK (and save a few Euro).
Hi, if you have a multi meter, just disconnect the two low tension leads, set the meter on Ohms, connect to the two coils leads / tabs and if they are between 2 and 5 Ohms they will work.

Cheers,

Kamel.
morini312

Post by morini312 »

Good idea! I am interested, when is the deadline for the order?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

morini312 wrote:Good idea! I am interested, when is the deadline for the order?
Well I suppose there has to be some sort of deadline, but it would be great if we could get 10 or more orders. So far I think we have 3 definite (including me) and 3 interested folks (including you).

I've since found out that you can use TEC KP03 coils as used on many Japanese bikes. Those have 3 Ohm primary coil resistance. I picked up a pair of used ones for £20. That will help to keep the cost down a bit, plus you can always sell on your existing components

Cheers,

Kamel
danomar

Post by danomar »

I am interested—assuming Sachse will still ship to the USA.
Vrrooom!
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

danomar wrote:I am interested—assuming Sachse will still ship to the USA.
I don't see why not. They are quoting 56 euros ( $66 ) for 14 day delivery.

Cheers,

Kamel.
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

Not something that I need cos I don't have a Morini wee-vee, but I do remember the massive difference it made (and still does) when I junked the 1985 ignition system on my Cagiva Alazzurra (Ducati Pantah) for a modern Silent-Hektik kit. It was expensive because it included a new flywheel and coils, but the reliability was a transformation, and it included idle-maintenance circuitry with a selection of advance curves. Just a single pickup to set, and the programming does the rest. Forget modern electronic gimmicks: new ignition systems are great! :D

Nick
danomar

Post by danomar »

Kamel wrote:
Recent shipments to Amurkey have been inconsistent, especially from Germany. For example, it has been three weeks since my parcel from A.C. Schnitzer was handed over to DHL and it still is in Frankfurt. And there are many businesses in the U.K. which no longer ship here because they cannot obtain freight insurance.

Worldwide shipping is currently an issue we cannot completely rely upon as before. Having prices on websites is no longer a guarantee the organization will ship something.

That said, I am fairly confident Sachse will ship, but it is only a guess.
Vrrooom!
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

danomar wrote:
Kamel wrote:
Recent shipments to Amurkey have been inconsistent, especially from Germany. For example, it has been three weeks since my parcel from A.C. Schnitzer was handed over to DHL and it still is in Frankfurt. And there are many businesses in the U.K. which no longer ship here because they cannot obtain freight insurance.

Worldwide shipping is currently an issue we cannot completely rely upon as before. Having prices on websites is no longer a guarantee the organization will ship something.

That said, I am fairly confident Sachse will ship, but it is only a guess.
Sachse do appear to use DHL, but why not drop them a line info@elektronik-sachse.de

They are very responsive.
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

Put me down for a 500 kit
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

simonnorthroad wrote:Put me down for a 500 kit
Yep, Simon got your request on the other post

So far it's

1) Me
2) you
3) 'It must be a .....'
4) Buzby

definite,

and the following folks mulling over it.

1) danomar
2) rossguzzi
3) robint
4) morini312
5) AndyB57

Is it worth posting it anywhere else?

I guess there will need to be a cutoff date as things are going to get busy on the postal front very soon.

Cheers,

Kamel.
buzby

Post by buzby »

Perhaps on the Facebook group ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motomorinigroup
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

buzby wrote:Perhaps on the Facebook group ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motomorinigroup
Thanks buszby. I'm not really a FB fan, but if you are and can drum up more interest it has to be a win / win for all concerned. I can P.M. you my email address so thay can contact me directly.

Just a thought, but perhaps having all the sets for each country sent to one address and redistributed would be a cheaper option? ( and more ecological).

Cheers,

Kamel.
robint

Post by robint »

You can up my maybe to a definite for a 350 Sport - just don't tell the wife........at least it will be a small enough package to appear to be not too expensive.........
robint
(Morini, Enfield, Deauville, SLK and home to support)
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

robint wrote:You can up my maybe to a definite for a 350 Sport - just don't tell the wife........at least it will be a small enough package to appear to be not too expensive.........
Haha :D

Ok, so we have the hit the 10% threshold but it would be great to get more people on board.

1) Me
2) simonnorthroad
3) 'It must be a .....'
4) Buzby
5) robint

definite,

and the following folks mulling over it.

1) danomar
2) rossguzzi
3) morini312
4) AndyB57

I'll make contact with Sachse and see how to proceed.

Does a cut off date 0f 01.12.20 make sense?

Cheers,
Kamel.