Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

The 3 1/2 forum
Seagreen

Re: Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

Post by Seagreen »

Eventually got my ignition system despite DHL's best efforts to delay and lose it but all credit to Elektronik-Sachse for their efficiency in precssing the order and shipping it promptly. Not fitted yet as too many other things getting in the way.
Thanks to Kamel for arranging the pricing, goes to show one of the many benefits of club membership.
Let's hope 2021 is a vastly better hear than this one has been and perhaps I can meet up with fellow members once Covid19 has been vanquished.
Adios,
Charles
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Don't forget that the Morini Riders club have negotiated a 10% discount to members
on Morini and Ducati spares at Mdina Italia on web sales only.

UK member price 26 pounds. A typical order for spares for restoration and you will recover the subscription cost!
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/produ ... Membership

Mark
Patrick Slatts

Post by Patrick Slatts »

Hi Kamel and all,

Am unfortunately delayed with this response but just a quick note to say that I received the Sachse Ignition unit mid-December and although not fitted yet, am impressed by the build quality and supporting documentation.
There was a bit of an email communication issue, but once Marco at Sachse picked up the message, he was very helpful with advice and suggestions.

Thanks again Kamel for arranging this deal. I hope to let folks know how I get on with both converting the Kanguro to 12V, and installing the ignition unit.

Cheers, Chris I.
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

I've finished installing the ignition which was pretty straightforward even for me :D , and have been through the initial setup procedure starting with the rear cylinder at TDC. The LEDs do what they should do in test mode, and I'm getting a healthy spark on both plugs when I go back to mode 5, which is very encouraging.
However.....when I refit the plugs and kick the bike over it is showing no interest in firing at all. I've checked all the connections, the battery is showing more than 12 volts and there's fuel in the tank. I'm stumped - is there anything I'm overlooking?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

This may seem obvious but are you absolutely sure the sparks are matched to the correct cylinders?
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

72degrees wrote:This may seem obvious but are you absolutely sure the sparks are matched to the correct cylinders?
I followed the setup instructions carefully, adjusting the sensors on the top LED with the rear cylinder at TDC and then locking the disc. That all seemed to go well...... What might I have done to switch them?
buzby

Post by buzby »

I faithfully followed the instructions but forgot that the static timing mark is at the 12 o clock point not the 8 o clock position shown in the picture . That was for the earlier engines.
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

AndyB57 wrote:I've finished installing the ignition which was pretty straightforward even for me :D , and have been through the initial setup procedure starting with the rear cylinder at TDC. The LEDs do what they should do in test mode, and I'm getting a healthy spark on both plugs when I go back to mode 5, which is very encouraging.
However.....when I refit the plugs and kick the bike over it is showing no interest in firing at all. I've checked all the connections, the battery is showing more than 12 volts and there's fuel in the tank. I'm stumped - is there anything I'm overlooking?

Hi AndyB57, sorry to hear you are having issues. I put mine on over the Christmas break and also had problems starting it initially, so I went back and very slowly rotated the rotor until the LED went out (maybe I was too quick before) anyway it fired up and I was able to see it was too advanced. I set it correctly, then the front cylinder and now it starts first kick, and I can take it off choke after 30 - 40 seconds and it will idle - well chuffed although I haven't ridden it yet as we have quite a bit of snow around.

Anyway here are my tips for fitting it.
(1) Chop of at least half of the short leg on the supplied Allen key, and it will make it much easier to use.
(2) when you have found the point at which the LED for No. 2 cylinder goes off, VERY gently nip up the Allen grub screws, otherwise when you are doing fine tuning with the strobe, it will be hard to move the magnet as the screws will try to go back down the same indentation as before (i.e. back to where it was, as a tiny bit of movement on the camshaft equates to a few degrees on the crankshaft).
(3) Mark that starting position with a fine permanent marker so you have a starting reference.
(4) If as me your timing light won't flash, pull the HT cap just off the plug so it has to jump a 1/4" gap and weirdly the strobe will start to flash.

Hope that helps,

Cheers and Happy New Year to all !!

Kamel.
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

Thanks for the tips Kamel, I'll investigate further tomorrow. I am wondering if the new coils I bought are the problem - they are generic but supposedly fit Kawasakis which you helpfully flagged a couple of months ago - so checking those more thoroughly.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

AndyB57 wrote:Thanks for the tips Kamel, I'll investigate further tomorrow. I am wondering if the new coils I bought are the problem - they are generic but supposedly fit Kawasakis which you helpfully flagged a couple of months ago - so checking those more thoroughly.
If you bought TEC KP03 like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1941052875 make sure you have positive going to the green terminals otherwise you won't get a full power spark from the coils.
Paz2112

Post by Paz2112 »

Unfortunately I am late to this party. I would also be very interested in replacing my ageing morini ignition to ease starting. Would they still offer the discount now so you think?
My Other Italian V-Twin is an Italian V-Twin
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Drop them a line and ask, they are pretty responsive.
info@elektronik-sachse.de

Cheers,

Kamel.