Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

The 3 1/2 forum
Kamel

Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

Post by Kamel »

Hi all, I've been in conversation with Elektronik Sachse and they inform me that for an order of over 5 E.I. units (350 or 500 (250 TBC)) they will knock off 10% and for an order of ten or above 15%

Anybody interested?

Cheers,

Kamel.
mbmm350s

Re: Elektronik Sachse Ignition group buy

Post by mbmm350s »

Great initiative Kamel,

By the way the 250 2C uses exactly the same red pickup and transducers green dot as the 350s of the second series and hence same advance curve.
So 350 Sachse system would suit 250 2C but only if bike modified to be 12V .

Mark
buzby

Post by buzby »

I would like one of these.
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

mbmm350s wrote:Great initiative Kamel,

By the way the 250 2C uses exactly the same red pickup and transducers green dot as the 350s of the second series and hence same advance curve.
So 350 Sachse system would suit 250 2C but only if bike modified to be 12V .

Mark
Thanks for the info. Mark. As I'm relatively new to the world of Morini is the 250 2c the single or V twin?

Cheers,

Kamel.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

buzby wrote:I would like one of these.
Thanks buzby, hopefully we can get at least 5 folks then I'll find out how to proceed.

Cheers,

Kamel.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Morini is the 250 2c the single or V twin
V twin

The system could probably be adapted for the 250T single, however the Sachse system reference is the rear cylinder if I remember correctly.
The 250T uses a pick up which looks like the V twins red pickup except it only has a functional front cylinder and one lead.
The 125s use crank timed ignition, just like a Vespa scooter.
Mark
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

mbmm350s wrote:
Morini is the 250 2c the single or V twin
V twin

The system could probably be adapted for the 250T single, however the Sachse system reference is the rear cylinder if I remember correctly.
The 250T uses a pick up which looks like the V twins red pickup except it only has a functional front cylinder and one lead.
The 125s use crank timed ignition, just like a Vespa scooter.
Mark
Thanks Mark, Sachse do actually make a unit for the 250 single as well, which is what I was referring to above, but great to know that the 250 twin & 3½ units are the same. ( I wonder if Sachse know that).

https://www.elektronik-sachse.de/shopsy ... to-Morini/

Cheers,

Kamel.
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

Great initiative, thank you!

I may well be interested. Excuse my ignorance but would this update the whole ignition system?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

AndyB57 wrote:Great initiative, thank you!

I may well be interested. Excuse my ignorance but would this update the whole ignition system?
Hi Andy, yes, the pickup is replaced and you will need to replace the transducers with HT coils which are available separately from Sachse, but are pretty high end (read expensive). However, you can use any HT coils as long as the primary resistance is between 2 and 5 ohms. Then there is the black box "Brain" to mount, but that can go wherever you have room.

Canuck750 did a nice write up on the install here..

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/forum ... hse#p34060

Hope that helps,

Kamel
AndyB57

Post by AndyB57 »

Hi Andy, yes, the pickup is replaced and you will need to replace the transducers with HT coils which are available separately from Sachse, but are pretty high end (read expensive). However, you can use any HT coils as long as the primary resistance is between 2 and 5 ohms. Then there is the black box "Brain" to mount, but that can go wherever you have room.

Hope that helps,

Kamel
Thank you.

Continuing my potentially stupid questions, would one of these work rather than fitting two coils? https://www.gsparkplug.com/ignition/ign ... hable.html
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

AndyB57 wrote:

Hope that helps,

Kamel

AndyB57 wrote:
Thank you.

Continuing my potentially stupid questions, would one of these work rather than fitting two coils? https://www.gsparkplug.com/ignition/ign ... hable.html[/quote]

No, not stupid at all. Unfortunately you cannot use twin output coils such as the one in the link. The Sachse ignition has two sensors which means you can time each cylinder independently, so in turn you need one independent coil per sensor in order to match any timing changes you make to one pot. On the dual output coils both plugs fire at the same time. I'm currently running a self modified Boyer MkIII E.I. from a Norton Commando using only one pickup sensor. That does allow me to use a twin output coil as one of the sparks is "Wasted" i.e. spark on a non combustion stroke, but as it only has one pickup it's a bit hit or miss whether the rear cylinder is timed correctly when the front one is setup right. That's one of the reasons I want to go for the Sachse unit.

These coils would be perfect https://www.rexs-speedshop.com/product/ ... ngle-lead/

This is the fitting instructions of the Sachse unit, which may help my poor explanation:

https://www.elektronik-sachse.de/manual ... 500-en.pdf

Cheers,

Kamel.
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

Hi Kamel,
Some of your links dont work, for me at least. How much is a unit to buy without discounts ?
Just curious.
Cheers.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

rossguzzi wrote:Hi Kamel,
Some of your links dont work, for me at least. How much is a unit to buy without discounts ?
Just curious.
Cheers.
Hi Ross, that's strange how about if you copy and paste this link in to your browser bar https://www.elektronik-sachse.de/

Anyway the V-twin units are 327 euros including 16% tax which I presume would not be applicable to you so would be 281 + shipping.

The units for singles are 294 Euros including 16% tax

Cheers.
david3661

Post by david3661 »

Hi Kamel, a great idea... but unfortunately for me it has come a bit too late as I have very recently fitted the Sachse kit to my 79 Strada 350. I know there are people who find 40 year old ignition systems an interesting and rewarding challenge, but for what its worth in my opinion the new system is nothing short of transformational - improvement everywhere. The kit itself is quite straightforward to fit and is well made - I put the electronic box on a plate behind the left hand side panel and it fits a treat. Just one thing to note is that the the PVL coil set comes complete with all the brackets and hardware to fit straight on and sit nicely in the place of the transducers. I got the Sachse kit and the coil set from Andrew at Mdina Italia and he has been very helpful. So, it may be expensive, but if you can stretch to it, I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Keep safe,

David.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

david3661 wrote:Hi Kamel, a great idea... but unfortunately for me it has come a bit too late as I have very recently fitted the Sachse kit to my 79 Strada 350. I know there are people who find 40 year old ignition systems an interesting and rewarding challenge, but for what its worth in my opinion the new system is nothing short of transformational - improvement everywhere. The kit itself is quite straightforward to fit and is well made - I put the electronic box on a plate behind the left hand side panel and it fits a treat. Just one thing to note is that the the PVL coil set comes complete with all the brackets and hardware to fit straight on and sit nicely in the place of the transducers. I got the Sachse kit and the coil set from Andrew at Mdina Italia and he has been very helpful. So, it may be expensive, but if you can stretch to it, I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Keep safe,

David.
Hi David, That is a shame, but it's very encouraging to hear the positives of the Sachse system. Thank you for all the information.

Cheers,

Kamel.