1974 Strada colour

The 3 1/2 forum
AndyCocks

1974 Strada colour

Post by AndyCocks »

Morning in the process of getting the tank/side panels painted, does anyone know the Blue and Red paint code of a colour close enough thanks Andy
Mark

Re: 1974 Strada colour

Post by Mark »

Hi.
I have a note than the red for the early Strada is Honda R218M, and importantly, on a white primer.
For the blue I have Nissan Turquoise Blue Metallic.

I haven’t tried these personally but I did very recently use the paint code for the gold wheels from the same source and found it to be spot on.

Good luck,
Mark.
Mark

Post by Mark »

P.S. The Honda R218M is called Radiant Red.
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, back in 1974/75 I used to regularly see an immaculate metalic green first series Morini Strada
AndyCocks

Post by AndyCocks »

Started to strip the paint back this afternoon and under three different reds it started blue so I think blue's the colour I'll get it painted
AndyCocks

Post by AndyCocks »

Found the original turquoise blue under three shades of red and a lighter blue, with a colour chart from work looks like Nissan Turquoise blue is a pretty good match so thanks Mark.
There's indentations either side of the tank
my Moto Morini badges were double sided taped on but do original badges have a pin locating then on the correct position?
stradella

Post by stradella »

The original plastic badges have two pins. A small clip fits in each indentation and the badge pin is held by the clip. The indentations on your tank are probably covered by paint/filler; that area of the tank can get rusty from moisture being trapped behind the badge. If you look into the tank through the filler opening you should be able to see what the 'indentation' looks like from the inside.

The clips get a very good grip on the pins. The badges are a simple push fit into the clips but it's not so easy to remove a badge with the pins intact. Original badges did become almost unobtainable, so I guess when a pin got broken, they were replaced by the double-sided tape variety.
AndyCocks

Post by AndyCocks »

Thanks for the in depth reply at least now I can work out the correct badge positioning even if I decide to refil the indentations before painting.
AndyCocks

Post by AndyCocks »

Finally my Morini is back to blue(Nissan turquoise) if can work out how to post a picture :shock:
I’ll do so
Canuck750

Post by Canuck750 »

I just gave my painter an original 1975 brochure and plenty of pictures from the internet, he came up with this, having never seen another I can only guess that it is close to stock? The white slash is painted and the outline is black pinstripe tape, all clear coated

RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Looks beautiful, love the colour.
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?