Carb to Air filter Pipes....3 1/2

The 3 1/2 forum
Babbaad

Carb to Air filter Pipes....3 1/2

Post by Babbaad »

Hello to all members.....Just got hold of my first Moto Morini and am having a few teething problems. Had the bike running briefly and noticed a couple of problems...Starter motor sounds like a bag of spanners but at least starts the bike (not tried to kickstart it yet) and the carb-filter pipes are split. .....Are these available new or is there an upgrade....Thanks.
Babbaad

Re: Carb to Air filter Pipes....3 1/2

Post by Babbaad »

Thank You.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Babbaad wrote: 02 Mar 2022 12:10 Hello to all members.....Just got hold of my first Moto Morini and am having a few teething problems. Had the bike running briefly and noticed a couple of problems...Starter motor sounds like a bag of spanners but at least starts the bike (not tried to kickstart it yet) and the carb-filter pipes are split. .....Are these available new or is there an upgrade....Thanks.
I had a pair from Mdina Italia in the last couple of months. (UK based!)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

The starter motor bag of spanners or coffee grinder sound is familiar.
The starter motor can be disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. The drive gearbox should contain some oil but often is dry. If any oil can be drained and looks like there are bronze particles in it that will have come from a bronze gear. These should be obtainable from Mdina Italia but quite expensive.I got the replacement seals from Simply Bearings in UK
The other thing is to get a decent battery such as a PC680.
Thus video should help.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZv2OtD7Rc
John