Date change

The 3 1/2 forum
Babbaad

Date change

Post by Babbaad »

Bought this recently advertised as a 1981 bike. Got the V5 back and it's first registered 1994 and UK registered 2015. Does it qualify for free road Tax no MOT ?
Attachments
morini3.jpg
morini3.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
morini2.jpg
morini2.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
morini1.jpg
morini1.jpg (81.09 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
morini_tom

Re: Date change

Post by morini_tom »

A nice looking what appears to be ex-police strada.

But it’s clearly been registered wrong and currently no, you wouldn’t qualify as the dvla will just say it was manufactured in 1994, which it can’t have been.

You might have some luck getting it re-registered with the correct date and a new age related plate, for which you would need a dating certificate.

The club can help with dating certificates, if you send some photos of the bike including the VIN number to the machine registrar at: machine_registrarATmorini-Riders-ClubDOTcom (replacing AT with @ and DOT with .)

Dating certificates are free for club members and £20 for non members.
Babbaad

Post by Babbaad »

I'll try that, thanks Tom.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

There were some nice bikes at that auction. The Morinis with panniers are to my mind very pleasant. My Sport is on a Y plate and states date of manufacture 1982 but UK registered in 2000, so I anticipate a slightly less simple process than my beemers which were correct on the dates front to get Historic status. I may try next year, assuming there is one.
John
Al B

Post by Al B »

I had a similar issue recently, DVLA wouldn't accept a photo of the chassis sticker with the build date clearly written on it as evidence of when it was made!

After some to-ing and fro-ing with dating certificates, the Glass's check book (which seems to be the only reference the DVLA will actually accept) I managed to get the obviously wrong information on the V5 changed.

The person I dealt with was Christain Mansell who is in Vehicle Team 4. Try sending an email direct to Vehicle4@dvla.gov.uk and mention that they changed an incorrect V5 entry on another Morini in June 2021

Alan