K2 (later 350) front sprocket availability

The 3 1/2 forum
MickeyMoto

Re: K2 (later 350) front sprocket availability

Post by MickeyMoto »

Norbert, I agree with your statement regarding 38 tooth sprocket. Mine feels over geared and I need to constantly change gear, especially into a head wind. I am thinking of going to 40 tooth sprocket and have 6th as a useful gear.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Yes, 40 tooth is what I used the last years with the 350 motor. It´s more fun and you can realy use the 6th gear. I don´t enter in Highways and I´m not interested in 150 or 160 km/h (Veglia km/h of course :wink: :lol: ).
I think, I always used the same number of links with 39 or 40 tooth (100 links with a Fridegotto swingarm).
96 links with a normal 350 swingarm and 39 tooth.

After some disapointing results with other brands, since many years I only use 520 DID chains.
Steel and Aluminium plates lasting almost the same amount of km (of cause it depends on the quality of the material that is used). My experience is: the first thing worn thing is the chain, then the plate, the sprocket normaly shows less wear. The problem of an unequal lengthened chain we all know very well to my opinion is less with a DID chain. The last kit on Dulcinea pulled by a 501endured about 25.000 km. That´s ok for me.
R1100purist

Post by R1100purist »

Great answers and I am thinking this is the best motorcycle forum group I have been a part of, no one telling someone else off and some really comprehensive knowledge.

I think I’ll try for the 520 conversion with the 39 tooth rear from JT sprockets and the front from mdina.

Thanks again for everyone who helped answer my questions and I’m sure I’ll be back for more on other topics as I start really getting the bike together.