Gumtree scammers

The 3 1/2 forum
teenybop1

Gumtree scammers

Post by teenybop1 »

Stuck my 350 sport on gumtree as I'm not using it and that's hardly likely to change anytime soon, also having two other bikes it seemed like the sensible thing to do.
I immediately got a buyer, who, unfortunately is housebound, so couldn't view the bike but would pay full price, plus extra £200 and I would pay the courier. All I have to do is give him my address so he can instruct the courier to uplift. He also wants to pay the full amount to my PayPal,, I gave him a fictitious PayPal address and I'm now getting him message constantly telling me that he has transferred the money, and wants the bike,
I don't think he is a serious buyer, what would a housebound guy want a bike for?
Has anyone else had anything like this when selling. :lol:
RedVee

Re: Gumtree scammers

Post by RedVee »

Perhaps he is going to strap it to the side of his wheelchair? Or will it be a lovely front room ornament? :?
Never sold any bikes online so fortunately never come across this myself. Got to admire their cheek though - I'd never get away with a scam like that :lol:
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
teenybop1

Re: Gumtree scammers

Post by teenybop1 »

RedVee wrote: 15 Apr 2022 21:09 Perhaps he is going to strap it to the side of his wheelchair? Or will it be a lovely front room ornament? :?
Never sold any bikes online so fortunately never come across this myself. Got to admire their cheek though - I'd never get away with a scam like that :lol:
Yip seems he has had a heart attack,, he can't seem to understand why I'm not accepting his word :lol: :lol: