Stafford classic bike show

The 3 1/2 forum
Fish_repairer

Stafford classic bike show

Post by Fish_repairer »

I attended the classic bike show today and visited the Morini stand.
I was instantly reminded why I am no longer a member of the Morini riders club.

The stand is set up in such a way as to ensure the "click" inside the barrier of bikes does not have to interact with enthusiasts of the brand.
A perfect way to have a presence at the show but with no interest of welcoming people to the site.

What is sad to read In the posts about club events is a lack of take up in some areas regarding members turning up. I wonder why that could be.

I have always been proud of owning a Moto Morini and today I have never been more ashamed to be associated with other owners.
lemans

Re: Stafford classic bike show

Post by lemans »

I ride the bikes because of the bike not because of the other owners
although never had a harley....
Fastmongrel

Post by Fastmongrel »

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the show. I and my friend Ian exhibited our silver 3 1/2 and red Camel bikes for the first time and we were both foot and throat sore by the end of a day that started at 4am.

I personally spoke to dozens of people and sat down three times for coffee, soup and some biscuits. I was asked technical questions some of which I could answer and if I couldn't I passed the question along.

The club had ten bikes to show in a space only just big enough for eight so two bikes had to be set up opposite to the stand. Response from everyone was very positive and some new members signed up and T-shirts and memorabilia were sold.

There's two ways to make the stand better give some of your valuable time and help or come up with money the club can't afford.
1981 3 1/2 Strada
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

I'm sorry you felt the clique did not seem friendly,
I wasn't there but could it have been existing members chatting to prospective members or answering questions from members?
Re the 'barrier of bikes' it's a nightmare getting a good variety of bikes displayed so as to be visible yet permeable to access 'staff'' within the constraints of the stand space available.
I must admit I sometimes wander round the Bristol Classic Show and look at stands and think the same then look at the clubs of which I am a member and realise they although they do talk amongst themselves when able, they are often talking to non members. I know this as I am membership sec of one club and have been a Morini member for about 25 years or so so generally know the members.
I feel you get out of a club what you put in, I put in very little apart from the odd bike and a turn on the stand but that's my choice as I'm heavily involved with my local club but the Morini folk are always there if needed for help and advice.
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?