What`s your other bike ?

The 3 1/2 forum
norbert

Re: What`s your other bike ?

Post by norbert »

After a 50ccm Zündapp scooter my first real bike was a Suzuki GT 250. Two years later in 1980 my first 4 stroke bike a Morini Tremezzo Sport.
Since then up to now only Morini 72°V (1988-1999 without bike). And probably I´ll keep on like this. Don´t realy need other thing. Actually I´m going to build up a pensioners 500/501 with electric starter (never had one) an a Brevetatto handlebar from a Laverda after 40 years with clip ons :lol:
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

MickeyMoto wrote: 09 Jan 2024 19:10 The 250RS was, and probably still is, a great bike.
It is, just need to sort the starter motor on one of them, needs a rebuild I think and I'm not capable! :(
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

RedVee wrote: 10 Jan 2024 09:11
MickeyMoto wrote: 09 Jan 2024 19:10 The 250RS was, and probably still is, a great bike.
It is, just need to sort the starter motor on one of them, needs a rebuild I think and I'm not capable! :(
Does it spin the engine, or does it not turn at all?

If the former could be the battery, the latter could be the solenoid.

David Silver Spares. Unbelievable what is available for Hondas of that era at reasonable prices, unlike Italian stuff.
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

MickeyMoto wrote: 10 Jan 2024 12:14
RedVee wrote: 10 Jan 2024 09:11
Does it spin the engine, or does it not turn at all?
If the former could be the battery, the latter could be the solenoid.
David Silver Spares. Unbelievable what is available for Hondas of that era at reasonable prices, unlike Italian stuff.
Yes, I have an account with David Silver! Very useful.
Battery is fine,
It did start ok, then seemed to stutter and now seems to just stop as soon as you press the button. Almost like a seize noise but the bikes' motor is not seized, just the starter sops dead. baffled of Wiltshire.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Had similar problem. Turned out the brushes in the motor had seized up so not able to move backwards and forwards in the holders.
Strip motor down and Clean up with a good degreaser and spray with silicone oil. Its not flammable. If using wd40 let it dry before spinning motor or you could get flames from the mixture and the sparks on the brushes.
I had new battery and replaced the solenoid first :(
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

bigred wrote: 12 Jan 2024 08:31 Had similar problem. Turned out the brushes in the motor had seized up so not able to move backwards and forwards in the holders.
Strip motor down and Clean up with a good degreaser and spray with silicone oil. Its not flammable. If using wd40 let it dry before spinning motor or you could get flames from the mixture and the sparks on the brushes.
I had new battery and replaced the solenoid first :(
Thank you for that advice, I'll give that a go when it warms up a bit!