Indicators

The 3 1/2 forum
mad muller

Indicators

Post by mad muller »

Hello all , long time no speak hope all is well with everyone, trying to fit lucas indicators is proving a bit tricky can't get a good earth to the stems only single wire to the bulb holder , did the cev type have two wires out of the bulb holder its starting to look a mess at moment maybe headlamp bracket rubber ears aren't helping with getting a good earth any ideas appreciated
MickeyMoto

Re: Indicators

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have used earth's inside the headlight shell where the stems enter the shell. The headlight has an earth, or you can take an earth to the earth point on the frame. I assume the indicator shells are metal?
George 350

Post by George 350 »

Hi Paul,
I have these indicators on my Norton They are well known for earthing issues if using the casing/stem only. You should find that there is enough room to feed a second wire down the stems on them. Terminate the end inside the indicator with a small ring and fix to by one of the bulb holder securing screws and the other as Mike says at one of the earth's in the shell or on the frame. Do this and your earthing issues will be gone. Works on my Norton anyway!
Worth doing on the back ones while you are at it.

Regards,
George
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

Thanks tor info lads , will be doing as you suggest add another wire through the stem and earth to h lamp shell I haven't been in the shed for a while the brain fog is starting to lift will be on the road soon . Thanks muller