jedburgh meet and ride out

The 3 1/2 forum
dougi

jedburgh meet and ride out

Post by dougi »

Hi all.
on sunday the 21st june at 12 noon i am arranging a meet in the southbound laybuy on the A68 england-scottish borders,south of jedburgh, for morini riders or anyone interested in morini motorcycles, then a short ride out to be decided on the day by all rides ! at the moment there should be me on my morini 3-1/2 sport, my wife wendy on her handa cb750, mike on his morini 350 Dart from yorkshire and ron from northumberland on his morini 500 sport. please if you can? let me know if you can come along so we can wait for you :D
stillooking

Post by stillooking »

thank you for the invite, but I'm a bit too far away (in Cheshire) :)
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Scottish riders could drop by on their way home from the Trackday and AGM!

David
dougi

Post by dougi »

:D :D :)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The Morini is a bit sick so took the Honda instead. A nice sunny day with a run from Alnwick to Carter Bar with my son on the pillion. Arrived at Carter Bar just after noon and the weather was glorious. Views across southern Scotland and northern Englan for miles, and even the sheep wanted to make friends. Dougi and Wendy arrived soon after, the Morini being heard before being seen. Never met Dougi but was sure it was him! A trip to the burger van for tea and bacon butties followed by a chat. The piper had bugegred off to the northbound side to welcome people to Scotland so peace was restored on the southbound side. After a while my son and I said our goodbyes and left to make our way home to North Yorkshire via Hexham, Alston, Hartside (England's highest cafe and another bike meeting place) and Hawes. Lovely weather, lovely views, empty roads.... perfect. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.... :D

Thanks to Dougi for organising it. When's the next meet Dougi? Hopefully a few more bikes will make it, my Morini included. Perhaps a run into Scotland would be good. Some lovely roads in the Borders, this is definitely Morini country.

Mike.
dougi

Post by dougi »

mike a have no plans soon :( because i am a member of a local motocycle club and i co-ordinating between my local motocycle club and the stephenson railway museum in north shields who are having a day event inc motorcycles, vintage buses,steam locomotives on the 19th july, my morini will be on display at that event :) as well as others. come along and have a look. wendy and i will be there. we are also going to the ulster grand prix in august :D
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Dougi,

I was up in Northumberland on holiday last week, could not make the meet but on the way to Bellingham where I was staying I spotted a lone Morini with a Moto Guzzi for company heading towards Chollerford. Sadly I was driving the lovely Northumberland roads in my car, I will try to get up there on my Morini some day as the roads are fantastic.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
dougi

Post by dougi »

yes when do come back Robin, let me know.
regards
dougie