Doh! Electrics booby prize!

The 3 1/2 forum
eekzoids

Doh! Electrics booby prize!

Post by eekzoids »

Well, now that I sorted my brake bleed nipple ( thanks for the advice ) I have to get around to solving a problem which I created over a year ago...I put battery in the wrong way round! Clever eh? in 25 years riding n tinkering with bikes never before have I felt like such a complete klutz (apart from when I put my Honda 50 engine back together without the pushrods in)
So...ignition works, lights works but battery not charging..thus its gotta be part of the charging circuit. Could anyone suggest the most likely canditate for repair...the rectifier perhaps? Electrics are not my forte and I'm not very familiar with the Morini set up
the bike is fine and useable,just can't go too far at night...makes tomcattin' difficult y know. Please help!
ringer

Post by ringer »

You will have either destroyed the battery or the rectifier, or both. I think that the rectifier would go first, thus saving the rest of the charging circuit. The battery itself is fairly easy to check. For the rectifier, and the rest of the charging circuit, check out the document here:

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thebi ... ystem.html
Nick - 1979 500 Strada