Anyone got one?

Anything to do with the 650 'off-road' bikes
MickeyMoto

Re: Anyone got one?

Post by MickeyMoto »

3potjohn wrote: 19 Jul 2022 06:09 Agree, this has to be tried. May mean going over the border into no mans land for me. Last new bike was in 1981 so about time. What sort of fuel consumption are you getting? What is the service interval?
I am not thinking of going off road as such but our many lanes are sufficiently degraded to require decent suspension and handling.
Main problem is which bike to sell to make room.(this ought to be obvious to me)
John
On the National Rally it was 65mpg. Next tank the warning countdown came on at a similar mileage. Yesterday it used two bars. The fuel warning comes on at 70kms remaining (42 miles).

The cast wheel one, it is 500 quid cheaper. First service is 1,000 km, 12,000kms or annually, I think. 10/40 fully synthetic, 2.2 litres. Plus screw on oil filter. Oil level not moved. There is a service countdown on the display.

I have not touched the suspension. I used it on some scabby roads yesterday and it was very good. Unfortunately, Northumberland County Council have been busy in the roads department. I love the way it turns into a corner. I think I am quicker on this than on the Milano. Mind you, quick in my terms is probably cruising for you hardened old bikers.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Speaking of which, is the number plate fixing more robust? That mpg is pretty reasonable.
John
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, proper job!
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I hope when you say elephant in the corner you don’t mean Cagiva Elefant in the corner? (I have a soft spot for Cagivas) if anyone has any newer Morinis up North I wouldn’t mind meeting up for a look! I am in Carlisle. Thanks Glynn
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Glynn,

I have a couple, I'm in Northumberland.

Where do you ride?

Lots of meeting places in reach of Carlisle.

I need to organise another Northern meeting, but time has been against me.

Mike.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Test ride around some Cornish Roads/ lanes etc today. Apart from a 270 degree turn onto a bigger road weight not apparent and that was barely five mins into the ride. I ride looking ahead but did consult the screen occasionally. Not my bag sort of thing. Plenty of stuff to look at though.
Deliberately let it run in top to see how tractable it felt on one stretch. No issues.A lot of time in 2 to 4th in the lanes where it never felt anything other than confidence inspiring. I would say it is easy to ride. Seat height not quite as high as on my Coguaro. Brakes felt good though did not test ABS. Aware of motor but not intrusive. Could not find anything to gripe about. First new bike I have ridden since 1980 so maybe they are all this good.
John
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I am most disappointed. There must be something that is wrong? Ability to listen to music or make telephone calls? Engine temp in Fahrenheit? Clock in 12 hour display? Sounds like a tin can?

Yes, in my opinion, the bike is very well designed and executed. How it fares long term is another matter.

I do wonder when you came to a 270 degree turn you didn't turn 90 degrees the other way!
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

When it comes to the vehicle user interface a lot of features one now gets are of little excitement to me. My car infotainment thing has a load of bunkum in its repertoire.
Still the bike display was fine. I don’t want to listen to music when riding but there are people who do.
The turn was almost back on itself from a minor road to a main road but the motor/ clutch was easy to modulate from the word go.
John
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

MickeyMoto wrote: 23 Jul 2022 06:51 I do wonder when you came to a 270 degree turn you didn't turn 90 degrees the other way!
I imagine that this could have led to an interesting kerb/wheel interface problem! :lol: