First (?) Italian Road Test

Anything to do with the 650 'off-road' bikes

First (?) Italian Road Test

Postby corsaro chris » 05 Jan 2021 14:16

See INMOTO.IT for a mention and brief description of the X-Cape...

'It's Coming'... :wink: :!:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Re: First (?) Italian Road Test

Postby Steve Brown » 06 Jan 2021 11:20

corsaro chris wrote:
'It's Coming'... :wink: :!:

CC

WARNING-CONTAINS REPETITION OF OH WELL AND OTHER STUFF-Must practice my 'write like Mark Williams' technique more. :roll:

Thanks Chris, I took a look there and it seems to predict a 'second half of 2021' or 'possibly September'. Surely they will have missed our boat by then? The season in Northern Europe will be drawing to a close and all the bigger manufacturers will have moved on a step or three by then with new bikes that leave this even further behind :cry:
I had been hoping that investment from a big Chinese firm and the adoption of a proven power unit would allow a swift development and launch.
Oh well, by the time these bikes do get here I'll have to accept I'll be past it! My VFR800X is already at the upper end of what I can cope with regarding weight. At the moment I'm coping but my driveway is a steep slope and turning a large bike round on it requires a knack. Then strength if you get it wrong! A lot of my visitors on bikes won't even ride up it to park as they can see the challenge! I have no plans to move house either.
Maybe my next project should be a VFR800X lowrider trike with reverse gear? About 3 years ago (before Honda entered my life) I tried a Granpasso for a few hours. Great but not really the fit-and-forget modern bike I was looking for, it would have needed more owner involvement than just riding it, and that for me is what a modern bike should offer. I'd hoped the Chinese Morini would have provided that. I like to keep my garage time for the old stuff and still have enough time for riding.
Oh well, in my 51 years of riding (yes, including underage) I have had a fair run and range of thrills. Perhaps it's time to admit the inevitable and that time is not on my side anymore and I'd better get another trip to Asia under my belt pdq! :)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Postby 72degrees » 06 Jan 2021 12:59

KTM or Husqvarna 390 - new lease of life ;)
72degrees

Postby corsaro chris » 06 Jan 2021 13:08

And I'll buy your 250c 375... :D :D :D

Good riding Pete!

(Seriously - I suspect that the X-Cape will be out before the season gets under way - although how many and which countries is open to question...)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Return to X-Cape