1985 Moto Morini 501 Camel - For Sale

Morini related only please
patchy-man

1985 Moto Morini 501 Camel - For Sale

Post by patchy-man »

1985 Moto Morini 501 Camel - In very good original condition - Imported from the USA in 1991, and road registered on an age related C registration number. In running order, but will require some fettling. Old mot's and maintenence history available. £995.00 o.v.n.o. - Call William on 01324-717467 (Falkirk, Scotland)
patchy-man

Re: 1985 Moto Morini 501 Camel - For Sale

Post by patchy-man »

This bike has now been sold to a Moto Morini enthusiast...................... :)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

...and that enthusiast is me! :D Bike on it's way south as I type, excited already by the prospect of another 'new' bike!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
John Bunting

Post by John Bunting »

Steve Brown wrote:...and that enthusiast is me! :D Bike on it's way south as I type, excited already by the prospect of another 'new' bike!
Hi Steve your garage was crowded when I saw it with the Matchbox, Scott, at least 2 Morini's and l think something else lurking under a sheet, with the new Camel you're going to need a new breed of very small cat to swing in there :roll: :lol:
Just remember it is an off road bike and is intended to get dirty occasionally :mrgreen:
Regards
John
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hello John, nice to hear from you! Things are much better in my garage now, even less room...since you were here I've aquired a lathe another bike or two, I think I did sell one though. The Camel had it's first proper talking to today. It'll live, but it will cost me a bit more than I hoped, ah well, nothing ventured eh?
One thing you might have the answer to, it needs a new rear damper. I know Hagons are available, but would like to know if there is one from a similar equipped Japanese bike that could be fitted? If so, there are patterns made for many types in the East. I will try refilling it first, but don't expect that to last much past the MoT test. Any suggestions? I've measured it at 420mm between eyebolt centres. There must be other bikes with this, surely? DT125Rs do but are obviously going to be too lightweight :(
Last edited by Steve Brown on 19 Feb 2012 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
John Bunting

Post by John Bunting »

Hi Steve,
I would recommend the Hagon shock, just bought and fitted one to a Gilera RC600 that sneaked into my bike house, the shock is nicely made and finished with (on an RC adjustment for sag and damping) I have 2 other Gilera's keeping the Morini and XR company.
Regards
John
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi John, I know the Hagon is a good un, I fitted one to the Kanguro I had (It got nicked!) It's the money I'm trying to hang on to here! Paul Compton mentioned the overblown prices for bike shock in an earlier posting, I'm sure he's right, we just need to find out where they all are. I've emailed Falcon and others, had no reply, rang K-tech they can't fix them they say (probably means won't)
Not giving up yet though.
andyroach

Post by andyroach »

Hi, I have a couple of camel shocks in my bike shed. If you are interested contact me off line.
Regards
Andy
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Andy, that's interesting. Is your shed in Spain too? What is post cost like from there? Do you know if the dampers are any good? Thanks for replying though, the 'off road forums seem to be the quietest! I'll PM you then.