125 project in for sale in Norfolk

Morini related only please
Steve Brown

125 project in for sale in Norfolk

Post by Steve Brown »

Morning all, there is a mid 1970's 125 single in project condition for sale on a facebook page. The FB page is not a public one so I don't think you'll see it unless you join the group-it's called 'Hardcore Jumbler' and run by a jumbler too.
If you don't do faceache or don't want to try joining the page, I will get the contact details for you.
The bike is not complete or running and is missing its lights and instruments and in a generally neglected condition. No mention of if it is even turning over. The asking price is £350!!! BUT he does say that offers or swaps will be considered so not the end of the world yet. As a comparison, he is also selling a 350 Matchless in similar condition and asking £2000 odd for that! Suggesting to me he is expecting to be haggled down to a sensible figure. For the money he asks that Matchless should be complete and running etc.
Send me a message via this forum PM/whatever if you do want to know how to get in touch with him.

Edited- Should also add that the Morini has a non standard drum front brake fitted as well.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Chips1953

Re: 125 project in for sale in Norfolk

Post by Chips1953 »

Steve is this the red one in Norfolk?
If so it's been on Ebay, Carsandclassics and Preloved. Must have been a field bike.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi George, yes it is in Norfolk and red. It also has no docs and quite a bit missing. Could be good for spares or be a basis for a trail bike etc as I mean to do with my older Corsaro. I didn't see it on ebay. Did it get any interest or offers? I think £350 is too much but if I didn't have too many bikes already I'd be entering into a haggling session.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi Steve, I've seen it reduced, from 350, but I think only by 50 quid. I looked at as a way to get spares for my 125, but it' s looking a little dire.
Building stuff from scratch can be expensive, as I found. I picked up a really well rebuilt Moto Guzzi V50Mk111, the other day and have done 800 really enjoyable miles for a fraction of what a Morini would have cost me. Just put in 2 sets of points and 3 different oil changes.
The 125 is an excellent bike and really well made. It is comfortable and solid with good handling and not down on power. Well it is compared to the Corsaro but that's a different kettle of fish?
£350 for the 125........ Mmmmm not too sure. I would have a look but it's too far to go unless............mmmm.
That little CL90 is my next project.
Hope all is good with you, the Camel is about ready now to begin it electrocution, no it's electrification. Interesting method for the clutch on the starter to work. Almost like a lawn mower.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Batman

Post by Batman »

Hello,
Is this still available?
Thank You