2008 Corsaro 1200 For Sale

Morini related only please
72degrees

2008 Corsaro 1200 For Sale

Post by 72degrees »

It was an itch that had to be scratched, but I fear I'm just not up to riding this bike as intended these days. Too high, too heavy, too fast.

I was going to wait until the spring, and I still might, but having just had my two speed hill climb bikes stolen I could do with releasing the cash tied up in it sooner.

The MoT runs out in December and it will need a service then, though I have done less than 1200 miles since Ducati Manchester did it last December when I bought it. Mileage shown is just short of 7000 (plus about 300 allowing for a period of speedo not working). The speedo was working last time I rode it but I can't guarantee it will if it rains. There is a crack in the digital dash. Probably as a result of the little rubber button for mode switching being very reluctant to do its thing. It works, but you have to flick it just so to get a response.

GPR silencers and mini indicators are the only non standard items. Comes with a Ventura rack (and grab handle). Currently fitted with a Palmer adjustable screen but I have the original nose fairing and a spare red seat.

Photo shown without the Palmer Screen.

I'm open to sensible offers as I'd rather deal with MRC members than Ebay or Autotrader chancers. I was thinking of PXing it in the spring for something more suitable, but as I'll be taking the 2C/375 to the Island next year I don't really have much need for a modern road bike now. If seriously interested PM me.

John Bunting

Re: 2008 Corsaro 1200 For Sale

Post by John Bunting »

Hi 72,
So sorry to hear you had your hillclimb bikes stolen, one can only hope the lowlife wraps himself around a tree
John
72degrees

Re: 2008 Corsaro 1200 For Sale

Post by 72degrees »

Unlikely, at least on one of those bikes. Very much a professional, well researched in advance, job. They are both too distinctive to be sold as complete machines on Ebay or similar without me or my spies spotting them. Probably already in parts ready to be sold out of the back of a van at MX tracks. Particularly galling, as I had spent many hours preparing and setting them up to be just right. The KTM 350SXF, in particular, was a delightful bike and was starting to give me times close to personal bests I set years ago. A serious competition 4T single but with the boon of electric start. I can build a replica but the Corsaro would have to go to finance it.