Indicators

Morini related only please
Clarach44

Indicators

Post by Clarach44 »

Hello , My 1974 sport has neither mirror or indicators ! Scary . Mirror easily solved but as an electrical dunce can someone post a very simple diagram to help me wire up some indicators . Modern drivers don't seem to understand hand signals ! Thanks. Peter
EVguru

Re: Indicators

Post by EVguru »

The first problem on an early bike with the "snuffbox" switchgear is finding room for an indicator switch. Most setups I've seen were so awkward to use that waving your arm is probably easier.

The club bike has been fitted with a modern style combination switch for this reason.

An indicator circuit is quite simple in essence. The usual setup is to have an (ignition) switched feed to a flasher relay. The other side of the flasher relay goes to the indicator switch common terminal. The outputs of the indicator switch go to the indicators themselves, which are wired in parallel and locally earthed to the frame.

The early Morini fuse panel has a spare fuse position for indicators. It needs a wire added to link it to an ignition switched feed.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Clarach44

Post by Clarach44 »

Thank you , I am surprised to say I understand your explanation. I will search for a neat switch .
Clarach44

Post by Clarach44 »

Thank you , I am surprised to say I understand your explanation. I will search for a neat switch .
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

My Sport's got the snuffbox lightswitch with a separate indicator switch. As the indicator switch is next to the handgrip I find it easy to use. The Strada's got a modern combined light and indicator unit, which is available from Paul Goff.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Clarach44

Post by Clarach44 »

Thanks Paul. I checked out the Paul Goff site and the solution is there including wiring diagram. Regards Peter
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

This is the set up on my 76 Strada

Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I had indicators on my 82 bike-but these were not fitted when I got it. I decided not to use these originals as relatively heavy. I did experiment with so called mini-indicators but these use a fairly high wattage bulb (21w I think) and not very visible. in then end I got some from Vehicle Wiring Products, which were cheap,light, easy to fit,easy to replace if you break one off.
More modern switchgear would be useful perhaps?