501 New York for sale

Morini related only please
hombre

501 New York for sale

Post by hombre »

Hi folks,

I need some time and space so I'm selling a 501 NY. Got it last year from another forum-member but I've found out that I am not getting to sorting this one.
At the moment it's a non-runner and it seems that the righthand plainbearing for the crank has had better days. It's a pretty good looking bike though...

I hope it will go to a Morini-enthusiast that will leave it intact and is not going to break it for the engine...

Come with Spanish/French paperwork, bike can be seen in Amsterdam.
Parts not visible in the pictures are all there (covers etc)
Asking 1200 Euro's

corsaro chris

Re: 501 New York for sale

Post by corsaro chris »

This is probably the best air-cooled Morini out there. I borrowed one from WeeVee many years back and saw 180 kph on a stretch of the M25 with the throttle barely open (which probably meant that the top speed would have been about 185 kph...). Despite its' appearances the handling was good and the ride more than comfortable. The last thing that needs to happen to these 'rare' Morini is breaking them up, especially as the exhaust is fine-tuned for torque.

Rebuild / fix the engine and I'll pay you double - once I've got rid of the Sport and other clutter :D

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
hombre

Post by hombre »

That's what I understood from Tom who had one sometime ago, maybe I should keep it after all... Well, we'll see :roll:

I have a plain bearing that can be cut to fit the bearing-housing on the timing side if someone buys the bike ;)
(actually it's a camshaftbearing from a Toyota-van but it has about the same diameter, I have one in my Camel and it works fine)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes i had one which i sold to a Morinisti in Denmark, he had it for sale a couple of months back, from what i understood, he liked it as much as i did. Not regretting selling it, even though it is one of the rarest Morini's (400 made?), but that is only is you are in love with the Camels. And it doens't have the caracter of the older Morini's. Maybe it is the same with the Ducati Indiana, few enthousiasts seem to like it, but look at it, it has everything you need from a motorcycle.

[Advertisement] If you have the 3 1/2 and you switch over to this thing, you would be amased what is possible with it.

If you are looking for a light, superb handling, fast and easy to deal with (cheap) well made touring machine, this is the Morini to have i think. [/Advertisement]

@Hans: commission when you sell it please :!:
hombre

Post by hombre »

Tom wrote: @Hans: commission when you sell it please :!:
I have some more stickers if you want them ;)
hombre

Post by hombre »

hombre wrote:
Tom wrote: @Hans: commission when you sell it please :!:
I have some more stickers if you want them ;)
Oh no, change that into: "If you buy it Tom, I'll give you a discount" :mrgreen: