Moto Morini Camel 500, series 2, 1984

Morini related only please
mototavi

Moto Morini Camel 500, series 2, 1984

Post by mototavi »

Camel now sold.

Hello, I have decided to sell my lovely Camel.

I bought it at the beginning of the year from Tom in the Netherlands who knows Morinis really well , it is now UK registered and MOT'd.
It is a very good example, well kept and upgraded with disc brakes front and rear - makes the bike now stop as well as it goes !
If you are reading this you probably know that these bikes are as rare as hens' teeth (only about 200 made). I had no intention of selling this bike,but the old chestnut of " no time to ride it" is exactly what has happened to me, so rather than leave it to gather dust I have decided to sell it - after a long period of faffing about !
This bike is registered as a 1984 model and has recorded around 21k miles. Superlight with a dry weight of around 137 kg, so you can push it around in the garage like a bicycle, unlike my heavy old Guzzi.
The bike owes me £3500 which is about what I am looking. If you want to look at photos, go back to Tom's ad on this Forum on 2.1.16, or I can email you photos if you like. I am in West Devon and if you PM me we can swop email / phone numbers for a chat about the bike.

Regards,
Andrew
Last edited by mototavi on 03 Nov 2016 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Re: Moto Morini Camel 500, series 2, 1984

Post by Tom »

Hello Andrew,

that's a pitty, the MM virus didn't catch you afterall eyh.

Hope Pete got infected and still has his blue Strada?

Here the original add, hope it works out!

You didn't mention you have the original Clocks and the Manual (or are you keeping those) ..

Camel 500 Series 2

In very good condition, perfect performing engine.
Tank sealed against ethanol, paintwork in very good condition.
Lots of work done on this bike, to make it a really useable classic.
12v conversion, LED front and back, board computer, better brakes rear and front.
new battery, latest ignition (black pickup, grey transducers)

Best, Tom
mototavi

Post by mototavi »

Hello Tom, thanks for the reminder, yes I do have the original clocks and manual to go with the bike.
It does seem a bit foolhardy to sell such a great bike but I just don't use it so it seems best to let someone else have a go.

All the best
Andrew
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

That is a heart-achingly beautiful bike. I'm sad I'm nowhere near the UK ... and broke.
DD
MRC 3082½
mototavi

Post by mototavi »

Camel now sold.