Camel/Kanguro headlight+shroud

Morini related only please
Steve Brown

Camel/Kanguro headlight+shroud

Post by Steve Brown »

My Camel Mk Wannabee project still needs a headlamp and surround/shroud/fairing. I was about to order something new online then thought to ask here first. I don't want the original Mk1 type as I never thought that looked right.
Does anyone have one to sell? UK based ideally?
My preferred type would be the X3 sort ideally with a screen. If they are now rarities and daft prices I'll stick with option 'a'.

Just realised this is in the for sale forum-Sorry! I meant it to go in the bits wanted section but obviously had too much whisky that night. Thanks for the replies below though!
Last edited by Steve Brown on 13 Dec 2016 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Haboola72

Re: Camel/Kanguro headlight+shroud

Post by Haboola72 »

Steve,

I have an x3 camel nacelle with no damage to the outside. However , the anchor points for the headlamp screws have snapped and been poorly repaired with fibreglass resin..
Some work required ! The good news is it's almost free, just the postage to pay for from Catalunya . Good Perspex screens are hard to find and expensive..

If you need the lamp unit as well it's a tenner.. Message me with your email and I can send you some pictures.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Interesting! Wonder what post cost from there! PM on its way.
Derek Wright

Post by Derek Wright »

Steve,
NLM had a headlamp cowl for a Mk11 I think, it was the type which took the large round headlamp but don't think it had a screen, it was a while ago but it was a nice unit.
Also, I have a couple of X3 types for the rectangular light unit, pop round and have a look if you like.
If you manage to locate the Mk1 type let me know as I have the small rubber headlamp and would like to fit the original set up.
Derek
Tom

Post by Tom »

I think we are all on the lookout for the Mk1 console!

If somebody knows how to remake them i can supply the original thing..
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Derek Wright wrote:Steve,
NLM had a headlamp cowl for a Mk11 I think, it was the type which took the large round headlamp but don't think it had a screen, it was a while ago but it was a nice unit.
Also, I have a couple of X3 types for the rectangular light unit, pop round and have a look if you like.
If you manage to locate the Mk1 type let me know as I have the small rubber headlamp and would like to fit the original set up.
Derek
Thanks Derek, I will be in touch shortly. As you are all of 4 miles away it may take me some time though! :roll: I do want to ask you about a couple of things.
Derek Wright

Post by Derek Wright »

No problems Steve, you will be able to see my new project too. Derek