Papa Lazarou

Seems a bit of as bargain

Post by Papa Lazarou »

New Fleabay listing for a 1978 model.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/moto-morini-3 ... SwPWRZQ-qP
72degrees

Re: Seems a bit of as bargain

Post by 72degrees »

It does. Perhaps there is a catch? A pity it's not an electric start Strada more suitable for my (even greater) dotage.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Gerritbought someone! You know it makes sense...
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote:Gerritbought someone! You know it makes sense...
Somebody did. DAMHIKIJDOK. Not me though!
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

That was one of my old bikes and it did have an electric start when I sold it!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Crikey. Morinis are coming out of the woodwork all over Ebay! Including one 500 I have seen not long ago in its garage with my very own eyes ;)

One day perhaps I will find a an electric start Strada. Meanwhile the 2C/375 will have to do - unless anyone has a starter and necessary bits for sale in working order? I reckon a modern Motobatt in a 250 size would have enough oomph to turn the engine over. Then to be fair, it's starting very well at the moment- just that my left hip and knee no longer have the ability to start it while sitting astride. It idles reliably most of the time but I do find myself 'blipping' at lights for fear of it conking out - I ought to just pick the tick over speed up a bit I suppose.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

72degrees wrote:It does. Perhaps there is a catch? A pity it's not an electric start Strada more suitable for my (even greater) dotage.
Apparently it doesn't actually start - contrary to the description "starts and rides as it should " ! It will be ignition - it's always ignition ;)
Ming

Post by Ming »

I had a Motobatt in a BMW F650, only a fairly small footprint, but turned the big single over with no trouble. I also have a DR 350 ES with a 7Ah battery which also starts it with no problem. I can't see any problem with a 250 or 350 Vee. I'd like to go down the same route, as I have to start it (them) with my right foot.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I found the same with my KTM350SXF. The battery in that was tiny. I doubt there are many still functioning starter sets lying in sheds though - despite a lot being taken off at some time.