Would this replace the throttle on the 31/2 500?

Morini related only please
MickeyMoto

Would this replace the throttle on the 31/2 500?

Post by MickeyMoto »

You will need to scroll down a bit, but the twin pull looks like the ones on the Morinis, except they are made by Tommeselli.

Just posting in case anybody looking for a new throttle.

http://www.ducatipaddy.com/page25.html

Mike
72degrees

Re: Would this replace the throttle on the 31/2 500?

Post by 72degrees »

I have a Tomaselli (Domino) twin pull quick action throttle on the Forgotten Error. It works fine and satisfyingly rapidly from closed to WFO. It required custom cables though as the adjusters are not slotted to allow easy fitting of standard Morini cables, and I'm pretty sure the drum nipples are a different length (though same diameter I think). I did think of taking a hacksaw to the threaded adjusters, but in the end, as I needed 'one-offs' anyway because of the PHBH28s, I made cables up using Venhill universal kits and solder-less nipples. As others have said, the fit of the Venhill ferrules is not good, particularly so in these units. There may be other ferrules available (if you can't machine your own up) so I got everything working with minimum play but no tension lock to lock and then used a zip tie and lock wire to ensure the outer can't slip and ruin my precision carb balancing ;)
72degrees

Re: Would this replace the throttle on the 31/2 500?

Post by 72degrees »

Looking more closely, this 'Daytona' (not QA presumably) version hasn't got adjusters, so not the same issue, however it might be worth checking on drum nipple dimensions.