Valentini Sport Project

Morini related only please
MarkB

Valentini Sport Project

Post by MarkB »

(I can't post photos here, but if you have a look on the Moto Morini Motorcycles group on Facebook, you'll see all the lovely details. Or PM me with your email address and I can send them to you).

I've got basically everything you need to make a stylish 1970s special: a sound but tatty 3 ½ Sport and all the Valentini bodywork: petrol-tank, seat unit and the very rare full fairing. I collected all the parts to make a winter project, but life and family have got in the way, so it needs to go to someone who will make a lovely Special from it.

The bike was imported from Italy by NLM in 2014, frame number A/3 09526, and they completed the NOVA paperwork, so it will now need to have an MOT before a UK registration can be issued. The bike is all complete and straight, 15,000kms, twin front discs and a Campatelli rear disc conversion. The fuel tank has had some welding to repair some leaks, so looks worse than it is. All chrome, including the forks, is good.

NLM had the engine running and declared it free from any nasty noises but with low compression on the front cylinder, and they ultrasonically cleaned the carbs.

The Valentini bodywork fits straight on to the standard bike, although you’ll need to have mounting points for the fairing, source a perspex screen and find a suitable front mudguard (or keep the standard stainless one). I also know the whereabouts of a new Valentini 2-1 exhaust system which would finish the project off very nicely.

I’ve resisted the temptation of using the bike as a parts bin for my other two 3 1/2s, and I’d like this to go to someone who will do justice to the project and turn it into the special bike it deserves to be.

I’m looking for £2,000. Please PM me if you’d like more information or would like to look at it. I’m based in Hertfordshire (UK).

Thanks for reading. Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."