500W for sale or.. BIKE NOW SOLD

Morini related only please
Steve Brown

500W for sale or.. BIKE NOW SOLD

Post by Steve Brown »

THIS BIKE NOW SOLD.

1978 500W for sale or possibly trade for a trail bike. Kanguro/Camel would be nice but also interested in TTR/CRF etc. and also classic trailies like DT/XL/XT from 125cc up to 500/600cc.

My 500W is a 1978 T-reg, UK bike. It has a valid MoT and is quite standard. If you like pretty bikes this one won't please you. It needs a respray of the bodywork-tank, side panels, tail piece etc. Alternatively it is a spot on rat-bike or post apocalypse or something with a beard. Add your own exhaust wrapping to taste.
The tyres are unworn budget ones, as is the chain. The bike still has it's stainless guards and one of the side panels is a fibreglass repro, unpainted. The electric starter is present and working but could benefit from a refurb. There are new stainless braided brake hoses, new MF battery, all three brake discs were recently skimmed and trued. Pod air filters are fitted but an original airbox is available too. Standard exhaust pipes and almost new Sito silencers fitted. It doesn't run absolutely perfectly but is rideable and improved a lot after I had the flywheel re-magnetised. Although the bike is on the road, it will benefit from further fettling and improvement-like any classic bike, the possibilities are endless.
Delivery could be arranged, but only after you've seen the bike and agreed a deal.
I'm asking £2800 and will also be taking the bike to local autojumbles. If you want to know more or you want pictures emailed please send me your email address.
The bike is in South Leicestershire UK, not far from M1, junctions 20 and 21. You can contact me via PM from this forum or on my mobile number 07708 828886

Stop press! This bike still for sale and I now have another target bike in mind. So, if you fancy it at all please get in touch. My other alternative is to break it for parts, I know how much you'd love me/hate me for doing that, depending on whether you want spares or not...your call! 07708828886
THIS BIKE NOW SOLD.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.