Early Moto Morini 350 Strada

Morini related only please
Tom

Early Moto Morini 350 Strada

Post by Tom »

SOLD, early example A/2 038** of the 1973 Strada.

In Mint condition.

Work done on this bike:

Frame, parts etc. powdercoated high gloss black, new metallic ‘two tone’ green/blue paint on tank and sidepanels very close to the original, just stunning! I can’t seem to really catch it on the photo’s, but I think it is very important that the color is absolutely spot on.

New bearings for the rolling chassis. Roller and cone bearing conversion for the swing arm and steering stem.

New/ rebuilt aluminium (yes sorry, a little non originality here) rims and stainless spokes, wider Metzeler tires on wider (for stability) 2.15 front 2.50 rear 18 “rims.

Cleaned/ polished aluminium and chrome/ polished stainless steel on eyecatching nuts and bolts, mudquards etc. polished.
New chrome finish on almost all, except for the clutch perch, headlight housing, heat shield which are still good but original finish. I forgot to send the steering studs to the chromer, sad me.
Front fork rebuilt, new hardchrome on the inner tubes, Marzocchi shocks rebuilt, new downpipes, new mufflers,
New battery, spark cables and plugs, rubber parts.
LED in taillight, dails and control lights.
All the Dellorto stuff renewed inside.

During the proces of restoring I decided to change the original engine for a low milage and refurbished 1985 version V-twin with Gilardoni (Nicasil) plated cilinders (from the 350 square frame Kanguro). I was told that a Gilardoni set of piston’s and cilinders will outlive the original iron set almost twice it’s lifetime. The engine performance is briljant. Also the ignition was taken from the Kanguro, 12 volts on board of course. Start’s first kick and after a short burst of choke, it will stay on untill you touch the ignition switch yourself. On the highway the bike is really powerfull, but also easy in city traffic. Just eat’s out of your hands.

Don’t tell anybody but the bike has (insured!) Dutch plates put on it right now, but the original and complete paperwork is British (V5). It was last seen on the English roads somewhere in 1995 (says the little round insurance disc).

Think i am missing parts of the story, but can give some extra info when there is interest.

Oh yes, and the little midget in the picture is me!

I am very close to the Hook of Holland – Harwich ferry connection

SOLD

tomros@live.nl

The Netherlands
Last edited by Tom on 26 Nov 2018 10:47, edited 2 times in total.
pedro

Re: Early Moto Morini 350 Strada

Post by pedro »

Superb bike Tom,
Last edited by pedro on 16 Jun 2018 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Mepstein

Post by Mepstein »

From the seller - Asking 7600 pounds for the moment; only selling for life’s obligation’s, naturally!
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Nice bike - and great photos to show it off!

Good luck with the sale, that's as much as a DD Sport...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"