510 Excalibur

Morini related only please
Woolwich

510 Excalibur

Post by Woolwich »

Sadly I have an Excalibur 501 from 1990 for sale. Unfortunately after a no expense spared engine rebuild including possibly the last new 500 crank available, new clutch, all seals, replacement starter motor, new components in the starter clutch, and a few new gears, the oil light came on after 350 miles during the hot weather. I stopped pretty quickly and waited at the side of a duel carriageway for recovery from 17.00 until 21.00. When I was informed that it would be another 5 hours until a vehicle arrived I took a terrible chance and attempted to limp the bike half a mile off the duel carriageway and seized the bike in the process.
Before I ebay this it felt the right thing to offer it here first, I would prefer to keep the bike whole as they are getting rare but will split if no interest is shown. Despite it being somewhat odd in the styling department I was rather falling for its charms and practicality. The electric start was faultless, the riding position uncramped and relaxing, it handled quite remarkably and was happy to be chucked around the bends.
The bike is UK registered on an age related plate and passed an MOT with flying colours. The majority of the running gear has only 350 miles use this includes tyres, chain and both sprockets, brake pads, new braided brake hose, new front disc, front and rear calipers overhauled with new seals, brake master cylinder overhauled, fork seals replaced, new fuel taps, new fuel line, new grips, new cables, new decent battery, new parts of the loom, complete overhaul of carbs and new HT leads and plugs, replacement original indicators, new replacement exhausts.
Any questions please ask. I can email as many photos as you wish. No sensible offer refused. Thanks
Woolwich

Re: 510 Excalibur

Post by Woolwich »

Sold