Moto Morini Granpassso 2008 for sale

Morini related only please
miguel

Moto Morini Granpassso 2008 for sale

Post by miguel »

Moto Morini Granpasso 2008
Current owner since 2015 when purchased from another member from the forum.
UK bike with full service history
34,426 miles
Upgrades:
Front suspension - Andreani Misano fully adjustable fork cartridges, uprated progressive springs, black nitride coated stanchions, new bushes and seals. The cartridges made a big difference to the way the bike handles and can be tuned to suit riding style. Original internals will be supplied with the bike.
Exhaust system - Factory exhaust system ceramic coated matt black
Silicon coolant hoses
Side light replaced with 2x LED rings around headlights
Rear sprocket - 43 std toothed replaced with 47 toothed version (original sprocket still has plenty of life left and will come with the bike) I did this to improve slow speed riding which it has done nicely. Top speed has come down by approx. 10mph but acceleration is far better. The front wheel likes to pop up and say hello quite a lot now
12v Power socket under the seat – switched via a relay with the ignition so you could extend with further power sockets

Since owning it has had the following parts replaced:
Clutch master cylinder
Left radiator fan
Recent chain and sprocket
Replacement speed sensor
General info
Rear Ohlins shock was rebuilt before I bought the bike. All adjusters still move easily
Tyres are Metzler Karoo 3 front and rear with approx. 3mm tread down centres.

The last service was the big expensive one which I pulled early. The major service includes the replacement of the timing chain, tensioners, etc… To carry out this work the engine needs to be removed and split involving a large amount of labour costs. This was done early and is not required for another 40k miles.
All service work in my ownership has been carried out by NLM.

Below is a link to a Photobucket album with some pictures with more to be added.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mE8gv5wFVRZic8Kj9

The number plate will be removed before the sale

£3,600
Last edited by miguel on 03 Jun 2020 07:43, edited 2 times in total.
mort9555

Re: Moto Morini Granpassso 2008 for sale

Post by mort9555 »

Hello Miguel,
I don't come on the board very often but hope you got what you wanted for the GP. They are a fine machine when you've had the 'conversion' treatment of owning an Italian :D

After reading your post I wondered why the dealer would remove the engine to change the timing chains as they are more than accessible, with a little work, in situ. I did my timing gear at 45k miles on a hydraulic work bench in my garage and which was not traumatic. Clearly the labour costs you got hit with must have been substantial?

Also, if there are any of us that have suffered a broken JG Speedfit fuel connection at the tank due to a lack of care (I did, tank fell off bike while running it up post service....doh!!) I have a fix with a machined steel threaded insert. The Speedfit item is not spareable (most inconveniently) and is part of the fuel pump which is hurtful financially. I can make inserts as and when, just get in touch on PM here or on 07530548120. I hope this helps some when/if this occurs.

All the Best
Trevor