350 Excalibur

Morini related only please
hombre

350 Excalibur

Post by hombre »

I wanted to get this one going for my own pleasure but since it's here for quite some time now I am selling it again. It's a 350 in a 501-frame with Swiss paperwork. It obviously needs some tlc, but it's all there. Ignition shows sparks, and it has run but I did not ride it. Crank shows no play on the flywheel side, the engine seems okay. Looking for 850,- gbp/€ 990,- Delivery possible, at least to one of the harbours in NL. Only 10 days to brexit so be quick! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MickeyMoto

Re: 350 Excalibur

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looking at the Excalibur, it would appear 10 days to Brexit is too long. You can keep it on the mainland! :)
hombre

Post by hombre »

haha, don't tell me the poor chopper is to blame! ;)
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I rather like the ride of the Excalibur, it is the looks that are an acquired taste. My 501 was brilliant, but the piss taking was hard to endure. It fell off the side stand one day and everybody cheered!
hombre

Post by hombre »

If I do once decide to keep it (or get another one) I'd like to go to meetings with Harleyfolk, with colours and missspelled tattoos (I love parody) . "Acquired taste" is a nice one too :D
hombre

Post by hombre »

On its way to a very happy new owner :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Blue high top car, flamengo and an tatty Excalibur inside, wonder who's the new owner, look's like he is really into such sort of stuff :mrgreen:
hombre

Post by hombre »

One of our Osternachbarn, the flamingo is there for safety reasons, Tüv you know ;)
Ming

Post by Ming »

hombre wrote:... the flamingo is there for safety reasons, Tüv you know ;)
Better than a yellow triangle...
hombre

Post by hombre »

Ming wrote:Better than a yellow triangle...
Yes, safety first ;)
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

I'm pleased it's found a new home and looks almost attractive next to the pink flamingo. Now, if only someone had a 501CC New York available...
hombre

Post by hombre »

Maybe I'll stumble upon one in Italy this spring Julian. I'll keep you posted ;)
pedro

Post by pedro »

Julian,

I have a 501 new york, the engine is currently being rebuilt by Benjy, whan I get it back it could well be for sale.
I seem to have a problem with buying bikes that I have no room for, or time to ride.

Pete
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

501 New York is the best - even trumps a Brown Strada (only in my opinion, of course) in terms of air-coo;ed Morini of a certain era.

Of course, the best Morini of all is the Corsaro ZZ - at least this week...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Pete,
I recognise your affliction, I now have a 501 engined K1, a cast wheel sport from 1978 that someone kindly made a 400 before I acquired it and an old red Kanguro that has a fully seized engine from over a decade of standing waiting in the wings as a spares donor but was too good for the previous keeper to break. The Kanguro is testing and honing my abilities to dismantle the bikes and refurbish them (in 39 years of Morini riding I've only had 1 engine failure, in my original New York 501, that engine is still in use after being rebuilt someone else on the forum).

I also have a pair of VFR 400's NC24's and various spare engines for both Morinis and VFRs I've bought recently to help keep the other bikes in good running order. And meanwhile I'm toying with getting one or two more Morinis for the fun of them. For me, the newer 1200's are OTT for general riding, I enjoy the harmony of riding around 70mph on a bike that's in it's sweetspot and working well while being fuel efficient and easy to service.

And in my experience, the best Morini I've owned is - by far - the New York 501, that Benjy lent it to me for a test ride for a weekend so I used it to get married on it (and then bought it from him about a year later) adds to the good memories.

So, in summary, please do keep me posted on the progress of your New York (and if you'd like to swap it for something I ride we could consider that too (it won't help you with your space constraints though).