Kanguro X2 NOW SOLD

Morini related only please
Steve Brown

Kanguro X2 NOW SOLD

Post by Steve Brown »

My Kanguro X2 is now redundant! I have another Morini to fettle so this one needs to go.
The bike for sale is an import from Italy in 2018, it is UK registered on an 'F reg' and I have the V5c in my name. This is the bike I fitted the new YSS shock to this month and it is on the road and ready to ride away.
23,451 kms on the clock-that is less than 15,000 miles! Engine is good and strong, doesn't smoke or burn oil. Mechanically quiet. Cam belt is due for replacement, I have a new one and it will be done before pick up-unless you want to do it?
MoT till July, taxed so if you are insured and have a license you won't have to ask me to deliver it! I may be able to help out though.
The body work is all present and correct with the sort of care wear you'd expect of a 1988 bike and one small crack in a plastic panel. It's at that age where you need to decide whether to oily rag and ride it (as I have been doing) or restore it. A good basis for a resto as it's all there.
A recent battery (Motobatt) is fitted and the tyres are good for road use but a bit limited on the trails.
It's a good starter and runs nicely, economical too.
The exhausts have been 'tuned' for aural effect without adding anything to the performance :roll: but there are ways of sorting that unless you like being loud.
I haven't worked out how to do pics on here but will happily email them to you. PM me your email etc.
The bike is in Leicestershire near M1 junction 20, viewing is welcome arrange via a PM on here.
NOW SOLD!!
If you still want one contact Tom Ros in Den Haag, he knows of a VERY low mileage, almost mint, example for sale in the Netherlands.
Last edited by Steve Brown on 07 Jun 2020 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Vitesse

Re: Kanguro X2 For sale.

Post by Vitesse »

What?? Selling it? We never went out on the lanes. What are you going to use for the TRF runs? Incidentally, are you going to put it on the E Mids TRF site?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Vitesse wrote:What?? Selling it? We never went out on the lanes. What are you going to use for the TRF runs? Incidentally, are you going to put it on the E Mids TRF site?
Yes, selling it! But fear not-I have another! And I prefer to use the Camel for green laning anyway. I hadn't thought about the EMTRF site either, mainly because it isn't orange, but I may give it a try, nothing to lose!

I have been doing a few lanes but mainly alone :( as I'm at work on the weekends now so finding retired trail riders willing to go slow and not orange seems difficult.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Steve Brown wrote:I have been doing a few lanes but mainly alone :( as I'm at work on the weekends now so finding retired trail riders willing to go slow and not orange seems difficult.
Well I fit the description but the bike is still in the queue for work. Sadly I am away for the next 2 weeks (doing a strange 2 on/ 2 off rota) but will hopefully be in touch before long.

Stephen
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

That would be good Stephen, I did manage another ride out this morning though. Lovely it was too.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

This Kanguro is still available! Here's an idea-come and road test it this Friday on my local (Leicestershire) lanes!! Yes that's right-a genuine trail test, see what it's like on tarmac as well as grass or gravelly tracks. You pay for the petrol unless you buy the bike :D bargain or what!

Form an orderly queue here, and PM me if you want in. First come first served, beat the rush etc, genuine never to be repeated offer. :wink: