Kanguro X1 NOW SOLD!

Morini related only please
Steve Brown

Kanguro X1 NOW SOLD!

Post by Steve Brown »

My mates X1 is now SOLD! He has admitted defeat with his lack of leg measurement which he almost overcame but was finally thwarted when his replacement hip joint proved not to be up to the job. He is now looking for a Yamaha Serow, in case you know of one...

The bike for sale is a 1983 Kanguro X1 in white. We rebuilt it together 2 years ago and registered it using NLM's dating service. We went right over this bike, there is nothing that hasn't been stripped, checked and repaired or replaced. The engine just needed cleaning inside and out but we fitted new bearings throughout and a set of later Nicasil barrels and pistons with of course new correct for Nicasil rings. The engine is therefore strong, quiet and lively-as it should be.
The rear shock was replaced with a new one from Hagon, once we'd sorted out what the correct length should be. It now has a sensible (standard) seat height. The seat was recovered and any corrosion was dealt with. The standard 6v/12v charging system was retained and a new battery fitted. The Ignition transducers were replaced with 3rd series types for a stronger spark-easy starting and smooth running. The tyres are new Pirelli MT43s and new tubes too. The bike has had a good shakedown since the rebuild and was ready to go from day 1. It has an MoT till next July and is ready to ride away-also ready to go trail riding again 8) This is one of the 6 bikes that took part in the great Morini trail riding record in August and it has even been washed since. It's a smart, respectable bike but not a show pony-there is still room for minor titivation if you want to. Delivery can be arranged but honestly-why would you when you could ride it home? Pictures can be sent too, videos of the bike etc-just ask and send me an email address, I'll get them to you. Any questions, I'm happy to answer (about the bike though, obvs :roll: ) please ask here or in a PM. The bike is located near M1 junction 20 in South Leicestershire.
Asking price is £2400 or near offers. MRC members offers will be looked on more favourably than others :wink:
Last edited by Steve Brown on 13 Oct 2020 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.