STAINLESS STEEL CENTRE STAND BOLT

Morini related only please
andygrew

STAINLESS STEEL CENTRE STAND BOLT

Post by andygrew »

I have recently struggled to remove a rusty centre stand bolt from my 3 1/2, so wanted to get a replacement in Stainless Steel. I couldn't find any of the correct size with a 10mm fine thread. I therefore got a batch made, by a respected manufacturer, as I thought others may have the same problem.

The bolt is M10 x 140mm with a 1.25mm thread and a 17mm spanner size head. The nut has a 14mm spanner size as per original.

They fit my 350 and 500 and should never rust again! If you are interested I am selling at £20.00 for the bolt,nut,washers and P&P in the UK.

Either PM me or E Mail andy.grew@talktalk.net if you wish to order one.

Thanks
andygrew

Re: STAINLESS STEEL CENTRE STAND BOLT

Post by andygrew »

Hello,

Still got some of these, I will sell for £18.00 each if purchased directly rather than on Ebay.

Andy
norbert

Post by norbert »

My experience with the center stand bolt is, that the main problem used to be a corroded tube that should be free (and lubricated) inside the tube of the frame. The stand should not turn on the bolt itself that is fixed in the left part of the stand (and the frame?), but often it does because these tube and the frame have become one piece.
andygrew

Post by andygrew »

Yes, you are completely right the tube is as good as welded in my 350 as it is a UK bike. The bolt is therefore the pivot, not ideal but that's life!

Andy