Red pick-up

pedro

Red pick-up

Post by pedro »

I bought an engine a while back, and am in the process of getting it built into a bike, but am missing a red pick-up in good order to get it back on the road. Can anybody help please?
72degrees

Re: Red pick-up

Post by 72degrees »

pedro wrote:I bought an engine a while back, and am in the process of getting it built into a bike, but am missing a red pick-up in good order to get it back on the road. Can anybody help please?
Last time I looked at the NLM parts list you can download they appeared to have some used ones in stock.

They are becoming harder to find. I lent one to someone to prove his starting problems were pickup related but I need it for the Forgotten Error which I borrowed it from.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

72degrees wrote:
pedro wrote:I bought an engine a while back, and am in the process of getting it built into a bike, but am missing a red pick-up in good order to get it back on the road. Can anybody help please?
Last time I looked at the NLM parts list you can download they appeared to have some used ones in stock.
The list is a bit old! Last updated 07/04/2016...
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:
72degrees wrote:
The list is a bit old! Last updated 07/04/2016...
Good point, well made. The box of used rocker arms I sorted through last week seemed to have about the 12 listed there though - but - 4 now ;)

I think now I have the NLM ignition module and conventional coils I could also use a Nuovaray black one (or the NLM one I've now removed as suspect).
davel182

Post by davel182 »

Well the download on the NLM site is parts_file_01.03.2018.pdf so I assume that is the latest.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

davel182 wrote:Well the download on the NLM site is parts_file_01.03.2018.pdf so I assume that is the latest.
<Checks own copy>
Well that is indeed the date of the PDF, but who knows what the date of the original document is ;)

Only sure way to find out if they have one available is to phone Rob tomorrow !
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

That's ok then, it is only 8 months out of date! Real time stock adjustment, what's that?

IT not really the strong point of NLM... Keeping our old clunkers on the road is, which is the important thing... :)
pedro

Post by pedro »

I did have a look through Robs box of pickups when I went up to say my farewells the other day, only cracked ones left, I need a good one please, someone must have one going spare.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I'm still looking for a red pickup, someone must have one surely.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I have one for you, it's in Holland though: tomros@live.nl

Ciao, Tom
pedro

Post by pedro »

Tom thought he had a pickup for me, but it turned out it was a black one he had, so I am still on the lookout, if anyone could help, I would be grateful.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Pedro
If you place a diode in series with each red wire to the ignition box then you can use the black pickup with the black boxes.You can see how to do this on Soren Hansen's you tube channel Moto morini ignition
Mark