Electric fuel tap

Lewes96

Electric fuel tap

Post by Lewes96 »

Has anyone got a spare one, even non-functioning? One of the spade connectors is breaking off mine so only need that bit to really.
simonnorthroad

Re: Electric fuel tap

Post by simonnorthroad »

Hi,
I think I have one. Ill have a look over the weekend
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Thanks
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Can I renew my request - anyone got one of these to spare, or even the bits from one? What I need is the plastic/Bakelite end bit with the contacts embedded in it as these have broken off on mine.
Cheers
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

These taps are getting really hard to find. When the terminals break off they can be repaired, so if you’re lucky enough to have a working one then it’s worth trying to repair the terminals first.

Here is a picture of the quick repair I did on one- I carefully picked and filed away the Bakelite (or whatever it actually is) and then soldered a new terminal (cut down spade connector) to the exposed wire. After checking it worked I then built the area back up with epoxy for strength and insulation. In this case I used clear epoxy but I’m sure you could mix a bit of pigment in if you rally wanted to return it to ‘original’ look.

We are unfortunately getting to the stage of some of these parts just not being available so it’s worth trying to rescue them where possible before consigning them to the ‘junk box’ (or worse, the bin)
Attachments
3B9510D4-46D8-4B1A-AF8C-67B4B685311D.jpeg
3B9510D4-46D8-4B1A-AF8C-67B4B685311D.jpeg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 5241 times
AntietamClassicCycle

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

I don't know if it will help, but a very similar electrovalve was used on the ('75-'78) Moto Guzzi V1000 I-Convert. I used parts from one to make a working valve for Mepstein's 3 1/2 Sport.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

If you don't go for the fix as suggested above, I do have one that is working electrically at least and another that I think needs more attention. I'll be rooting around in my shed again tomorrow.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Hi, thanks for the fix tips, and Steve, I would be interested if you have one for sale with the contacts intact as I should be able to use the parts so do let me know if you have. Cheers
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Lewes96 wrote:Hi, thanks for the fix tips, and Steve, I would be interested if you have one for sale with the contacts intact as I should be able to use the parts so do let me know if you have. Cheers
OK will do. I have a bit more time tomorrow to get them sorted out.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.