500 SEI Transducer

Weeelp

500 SEI Transducer

Post by Weeelp »

Hi all,
My 500's front transducer has stopped transducing.. It’s my only form of transport and I'm out of luck with NLM.
I don't suppose anyone has one that's for sale; -mine is stamped 32393; and is flat on the side. (No bump)
In Moto unfortunately don't have one either; so I may be bussing it for a while.. :cry:
Any help gratefully received!
Cheers
Weeelp
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Have you tried the German supplier at the following link:-

http://www.w-tritsch.de/

He has available replacement pickup and coils.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Weeelp

Post by Weeelp »

No I didn't know about them, -thanks a lot you could be a star!
Cheers
Weeelp
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Weeelp

I got the link from the excellent technical section on the NL Morini owners site, the tech page is at link below:-

http://www.motomoriniclub.nl/tech.html

Let me know how you get on as I may order a spare set for my Morini from them, when I have it running.

Regards

Robin
Weeelp

Thanks

Post by Weeelp »

That's a top site; I'm going to do a bit of research on whether I'm capable of sorting this out myself.
In-Moto are going to Italy but not for a few months; -NLM can sort out 350 transducers, but I need a pair and they are slightly retarded plus £69+VAT each; so that's an option albeit a last one..
I've emailed that German site with the help of a babelfish; -so I hope it translates ok. I'll let you know what he says when I get a reply.
I never realized it would present such a problem to be honest. I can't stand London public transport! -it's taking 3 times (literally) as long and costing a bomb.
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi
I was in Varese last summer and Moro sells new transducers (http://www.moromotoricambi.it/) . All you need to do is send them the number stamped on them.
Good luck 8)
huub

Post by huub »

find somebody who can build you the transducer, or do it yourself
with just 9 parts this is as simple as it gets.
you will find the specs on the dutch site.
even better build two, and use the remainig original transducer as a spare.
i use home made transducers on one of my 3,5 , and for value for money you cant beat them , you will probably spend 5 euro each on parts, and another 10 for a coil from a breaker.

cheers,
hubert
Weeelp

Whoo-Hoo!!

Post by Weeelp »

Thanks for that advice, but I shouldn’t be allowed within 5ft of a soldering iron mainly for my own safety but also for the sanity of man.
I have just got a set of new MKII ones from Wolfgang Tritsch. (top name) –arrived in 2 days flat . Terrific service.
I was out at 6am under the Hackney drizzle putting them on; (has anyone else noticed what a perfect mug fit the air filters are?); and blimey what a cracking difference!
I could spot weld with these buggers. The bike’s never had it so good. I’ve not had time to check the timing so it can only get better.
All in all I’m chuffed; -just in time to get a soaking of course, but I’ve got my transport back steering non-notchy and sparks sizzling.
:D
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Weeelp

Thanks for the update, if you don't mind me asking what was the total cost including p&p?.
Regarding the diy approach I looked up the link to making the transducers and I might have a go out of interest.

Regards

Robin
Weeelp

Post by Weeelp »

All in it was E129.69 or about £85. Really good considering a pair of 2nd hand ones was going to set me back over £160!
If we meet mate your pint's one me. :wink:
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Weeelp

That sounds good value, I will order some to use on mine and keep the originals as spares. Look forward to meeting up for a rideout when my Kanguro-moto is finished, hopefully by next spring. Glad it is sorted, speak soon.

Regards

Robin