WANTED: 3 1/2 Parts wanted Ohio-USA

DavidC

WANTED: 3 1/2 Parts wanted Ohio-USA

Post by DavidC »

Hello, David from Ohio USA. I need a set of factory exhaust mufflers, or a aftermarket mufflers, mirrors, passenger footpegs, turn signals, a tachometer, and a gas tank, or atleast a set of tank moto morini emblems. my email is copeland316@hotmail.com Thank you
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi David,

The Club can supply tank and side panel badges,
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/theclub/products.html

North Leicester Motorcycles should have the rest, but postage to the USA will be steep :(

Also keep an eye on ebay.
DavidC

Help me identify my Morini Sport

Post by DavidC »

Wow! Thanks for the fast reply guys! I stumbled across a practically new 1974 Morini Sport. The title says "1974 Moto Morini Cafe" Does anybody know this answer for sure... Does a 1974 Sport, and 1974 3 1/2 LOOK THE SAME? Do both models apear the same? Do they both say 3 1/2 on the sidecover? My bike was repainted so i have no way of knowing. I love this lil bike! Thanks alot guy's ~ David
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

The 3 1/2 came in two versions, the Sport and Strada.
Main visual differences are the seat and handlebars, but these can easily be changed to make a Strada look like a Sport.
Sport = Cafe racer style, Strada = Touring style.

The Sport engine was slightly more powerful and can be identified by an S stamped on the cases at the bottom of one of the barrels (hopefully someone else will post and tell you exactely where to look - I own a 500, different engine)

Have a look at the 350T and 350S pictures Here
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

The S is stamped on the crank-case casting immediately below the forward cylinder when viewed from the right hand side of the bike. When you're down there look up and see what the underside of the fuel tank is like,especially around the electric fuel tap on the left. All old bikes can suffer from water in the fuel rusting out the sidestand side of the tank which is a pain to fix ( at least in our climate)
DavidC

all is good

Post by DavidC »

this bike is perfect, looks new, xcept it was repainted, im a factory original buff, so tha is the 1st thing i will tackle
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

'Factory Original'

Well that's a real challenge!

With Morini you'd probably have to track down the bloke who actually built it. Morini didn't really seem to do 'standard' bikes.

It really amuses me, particularly with old Brit bikes, when someone says 'That's the wrong shade of (whatever)'. Paints didn't have RAL codes and computer controlled quality. Every batch of paint was a slightly different shade.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
DavidC

Factory Original

Post by DavidC »

Paul, Guy that really dint make much sense there bud... You made it seemingly difficult for me to match paint. Although if they were all different shades, than nobody could ever know that I was a shade or two out of range... hahaha ~ David

ps; I still have the most perfect 3 1/2 sport that exists hehe
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

At the Club AGMs when we have had 25-30 Morinis parked together, the first thing I noticed was that EVERY seat was different. Then looking more closely, the red bikes are all slightly different shades. In fact it's quite a job to find two bikes with the same colours/markings on the tank and sidepanels.
Some of them will have been re-sprayed but the majority will be wearing their original clothes.
Then there are the silver, blue and odd tobacco brown ones. :?
My 500 (original paint) is a tomato red, almost orange, other 500s I have seen have been nearer to blood red.

By all means re-paint it, but go for a red (or any other colour) that you like and can easily get hold of.
You will never get the exact shade it came out of the factory with, because no-one knows what that was the week your bike was made.
DavidC

Matching Paint

Post by DavidC »

Thank you Guy's. You are a great help. Man I love this lil bike weeeee!