ooh look another Kanguro X3 part required!

Coxey

ooh look another Kanguro X3 part required!

Post by Coxey »

I know that I really ought to just do one post, but these things only come to light as I potter about the bike...

So now I'm looking for a front caliper and the two bolts that fix it to the fork - apparantly the latter should've been in the 'box of bits that came with the bike :roll: . The caliper's upper bleed nipple has sheared off flush making it impossible to bleed the system.

Rob
Coxey

Re: ooh look another Kanguro X3 part required!

Post by Coxey »

well that wasn't so bad.... I popped by my local bike shop and had a natter with the mechanic and he said that the little blighters shear off all the time and suggested I wedge the disc pads open with some wood and bleed the brake off the bike. This way I was able to rotate the caliper and let all the air out of the bleed valve on top of the banjo bolt. Wood removed, caliper refitted to fork and hey presto fully working front brake 8)

Post by hendre »

Coxey wrote:well that wasn't so bad.... I popped by my local bike shop and had a natter with the mechanic and he said that the little blighters shear off all the time and suggested I wedge the disc pads open with some wood and bleed the brake off the bike. This way I was able to rotate the caliper and let all the air out of the bleed valve on top of the banjo bolt. Wood removed, caliper refitted to fork and hey presto fully working front brake 8)
a machine shop should be able to remove the remaining part of the bleeder so you can put a new one in... you could also try a Grabit: http://www.thegrabitstore.com/Pages/default.aspx
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

thanks Hendre
I'll keep an eye out for the grabbit pro - I like having the right tool for the job.