Parts needed for my '85 350 K2

AntietamClassicCycle

Parts needed for my '85 350 K2

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

Need the following:
- original left handlebar switch (headlight/horn/signal)
- air ducts/elbows from air filter box to carbs
- engine crankcase breather box
- heat shield for rear cylinder header pipe
- instrument housing (just the plastic housing, I have a good tach and speedo).
- clutch lever

If you have any of that, please email me at: c.d.mullendore@att.net and let me know the price including shipping to Rohrersville, Maryland, USA 21779. Photos will also be appreciated. Thanks.
Daddy Dom

Re: Parts needed for my '85 350 K2

Post by Daddy Dom »

Hi Charlie,
you didn't specify whether or not you wanted new parts or used. Tom in the NL is pretty active on the For Sale side of the forum and, of course, NLM has new and pre-loved parts.

If you like, I can email you my word.doc that contains a few Morini tips and suppliers I've amassed from here and there.

Carb elbows - you really should buy these new. Here is one source http://www.startgomma.com/moto-morini?limit=100

Unless you feel like refurbing a switch block, you might want a new one of those too. I found one new for a Darmah was the same CEV unit but with different wiring/plugs. Club members may have something used, though, assuming you haven't tried NLM first.

Clutch levers might well be available new (maybe not in black though) but your perch might not be the original one - and you'd need an exact fit- but original for a Moto Morini means less than for other bikes. After a sidestand malfunction it was quicker and cheaper for me to just replace my whole perch/lever with something black and dog-leg from the Domino/Tommaselli catalogue. Non-standard but perfect.

Crankcase breather box: not sure what you mean - there isn't one on my 350K but behind the rear cylinder a clear plastic tube containing 2 labyrinth baffles should exit from the spigot (where it is clamped on) and run up the frame to somewhere past the battery. That's all. If the 85 K2 model has a box, someone will correct me.

Heat-shields came in various designs, measure your mounting holes as that distance may also differ over the years. NLM offer something I think?

Good luck,
Dom in NZ
MRC 3082½
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Dom,

The later bikes vented into a breather box along with the rocker covers which vented into the air filter - well it does on my Kanguro and the Excretia 501 had the same. I would think in the good ol' USofA this would be compulsory, with summary execution if found missing. Keeps the EPA in a job.
AntietamClassicCycle

Daddy Dom wrote:Hi Charlie,

Crankcase breather box: not sure what you mean - there isn't one on my 350K but behind the rear cylinder a clear plastic tube containing 2 labyrinth baffles should exit from the spigot (where it is clamped on) and run up the frame to somewhere past the battery. That's all. If the 85 K2 model has a box, someone will correct me.
I assumed that since my '80 500 Strada and the '79 350 Strada I worked on both had engine breather boxes, that the K2 must have one as well. Don't remember if my '86 K2 (bought new in '88) K2 had one or not.

I'm sure Stuart at NLM will have the answer (and parts I seek), just thought I'd try here first.
hombre

Post by hombre »

I have a dashboard from an Excalibur which looks much alike the one on the K2. It's chromed but that will come of pretty easy ;)
See my ad with some parts here:
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m928135875

I have some handlebarswitches too but don't know what's on the K2 exactly, the ones I have are mainly from the customs.

I can send some better pictures if you are interested.

Hans
AntietamClassicCycle

hombre wrote:I have a dashboard from an Excalibur which looks much alike the one on the K2. It's chromed but that will come of pretty easy ;)
See my ad with some parts here:
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m928135875

I have some handlebarswitches too but don't know what's on the K2 exactly, the ones I have are mainly from the customs.

I can send some better pictures if you are interested.

Hans
Sent you a message regarding the dashboard. Thanks.
n2wheelies

Post by n2wheelies »

i have a handlebar switch set on ebay if you are still looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141946626039
n2wheelies

Post by n2wheelies »

AntietamClassicCycle

Found everything on this original list. Thanks.