Kanguro tank bolts

Coxey

Kanguro tank bolts

Post by Coxey »

Hi
Does anyone have a couple of spare bolts that hold my Kanguro X3's tank in place? Also a couple of lengths of new fuel pipe would come in handy too (I don't live near any bike shops :oops: !)
Many thanks
Rob
Ming

Re: Kanguro tank bolts

Post by Ming »

Coxey wrote:Hi... I don't live near any bike shops :oops: !
Many thanks
Rob
Neither do I! I tend to use ebay for general stuff, NLM for more Morini stuff (very good mail order service).
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Someone will confirm the size required. M7 for the tank hex head set screws I think, but not sure of the length. As ming says, lots of Ebay suppliers for metric fasteners (including in stainless steel). Same for fuel hose (just check the ID required and decide which type you prefer) which you can often get in just a 500mm length.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The two vertical ones with the rubbers? Don't recall any others.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:The two vertical ones with the rubbers? Don't recall any others.
If I remember correctly early 350s used bolts through 'plates' that formed the front of the tank with rubber/steel bush mounts that the screws go through.
After a quick google of images I think Camels use something similar. As does the 125H tank that I'm grafting on to a 2C. The M7 is a guess, but I remember (probably falsely) them being an odd diameter (not the usual M6/M8/M10).

2Cs (and late 350s?) have the horizontal mounts at the rear with rubber bits that go over them with set screws through brackets on the frame.
At the front they have something similar that sort of 'cups' on the inside of the saddle in the tank rest on.

Edit after reading OP properly - and some of the Kanguros same as the Camel? Though I confess I can't find an image to confirm that any did!
Attachments
camel.jpg
camel.jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ah. I think you have the right of it Mickeymoto. In which case, *if* they are the same as 2C ones I might have a couple going spare.
The steel bush that the rubber cup (30.01.49) pushes on to is 13.04.49 on a 2C and the securing screw is M6x14 (Morini 47.06.24). Maybe the Kanguro one is bigger though?
smallrouting_tn.jpg
smallrouting_tn.jpg (5.68 KiB) Viewed 12640 times
Haboola72

Post by Haboola72 »

X3 tank bolts are tricky.. M8 bolt (10mm in length) with a M6 (10mm in length) riding piggy back on top of the 13mm hex....

M8 to secure the tank , M6 to secure the flimsy and fragile plastic shrouding..

I doubt if NLM have them...you could try

Making them shouldn't be difficult.
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

These last ones sound like what I'm after.
I'll give NLM a call but if they can't help could someone make me up a set in exchange for real money?
Many thanks for your help/advice.
Rob
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

Update: I've been in touch with NLM and as was suggested, they don't have them in stock (and haven't for years apparently).

So now I'm getting out the begging bowl and asking if anyone who has the wherewithal and willingness to help me out by producing a set to let me know.

Many thanks

Rob

Post by Haboola72 »

Coxey,
I'll pm you....